Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:40 PM

18,464 posts, read 15,242,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
I have also noticed this, some Jews are very touchy. Even when other Jews are being playful like that.
I don't know what makes you think he is Jewish, but even if he is, it's dumb to make a statement like that. You would almost have to be trying to cause trouble. You may have noticed, even non Jewish members took it exactly the same way I did.

Unless, of course, you are trying to cause controversy. Maybe to make the board more lively or something. Then it is the perfect thing to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
When I lived there I used to go to NY Sports-club, now every-one in Livingston has a membership in Lifetime Fitness in Florham Park.

lol, seriously it's like that membership is like is a requirement to live in Livingston. (every-one is paying monthly fees and goes like once in a blue moon).

hmm, speaking of paying fees and never going, the heck did I do with my NY Sports-club ?
Yes. NYSC used to be the place. It was Ballys before that. Lifetime is so much nicer, everyone just packed up and left NYSC after LF opened. Now NYSC is only charging $20 a month to try to get people back.

But especially for your purposes, Lifetime is much better.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:49 PM

684 posts, read 713,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't know what makes you think he is Jewish, but even if he is, it's dumb to make a statement like that. You would almost have to be trying to cause trouble. You may have noticed, even non Jewish members took it exactly the same way I did.

Unless, of course, you are trying to cause controversy. Maybe to make the board more lively or something. Then it is the perfect thing to say.
I was trying to say that even if he was Jewish and said that, you would have an issue with that.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Yes. NYSC used to be the place. It was Ballys before that. Lifetime is so much nicer, everyone just packed up and left NYSC after LF opened. Now NYSC is only charging $20 a month to try to get people back.

But especially for your purposes, Lifetime is much better.
I am not in Livingston. I am in Montclair (my parents are in Livingston and I grocery shop in Livingston. Have to cancel my nyc membership or keep int until spring, stopped going to Montcalir one this spring got bored with walls, prefer being outside more. With the winter coming, I am not sure what to do

I am close to 40 and divorced. Since all my friends are busy raising family I am bored !

Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 PM

78 posts, read 83,790 times
I grew up in Livingston and would never move back there or raise my children there. My family was upper middle class. By most american standards we would have been considered well off, but I grew up thinking we were poor. There are many wealthy people in this town and sadly their kids are spoiled and do make others feel poor, and it's not necessarily intentional. But I guarantee you that if you have kids they will feel it.
And... the town is also a boring. You can't walk anywhere and there is nothing to do and no good restaurants. I honestly don't know anyone who grew up in Livingston that came back.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I am not in Livingston. I am in Montclair (my parents are in Livingston and I grocery shop in Livingston. Have to cancel my nyc membership or keep int until spring, stopped going to Montcalir one this spring got bored with walls, prefer being outside more. With the winter coming, I am not sure what to do

I am close to 40 and divorced. Since all my friends are busy raising family I am bored !
I wouldn't go to the one in Montclair either. It's even worse than the one in Livingston. They both have old equipment, but at least the one in Livingston is very bright, as opposed to Montclair which is below street level with no windows. It's much smaller too. Montclair could use a good gym.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxo View Post
I grew up in Livingston and would never move back there or raise my children there. My family was upper middle class. By most american standards we would have been considered well off, but I grew up thinking we were poor. There are many wealthy people in this town and sadly their kids are spoiled and do make others feel poor, and it's not necessarily intentional. But I guarantee you that if you have kids they will feel it.
And... the town is also a boring. You can't walk anywhere and there is nothing to do and no good restaurants. I honestly don't know anyone who grew up in Livingston that came back.
That's not typical. Livingston is known for having so many people who moved back. I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I grew up with.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,051 times
Rich suburbs are supposed to be boring, some people like boring and safe as a town to raise a family in. I live out in the burbs in Nashville because I like peace and quiet

Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxo View Post
Tomorrow @ 8 p.m. I could go to a bar in Livingston and see there at least 3 people I went to HS with.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't go to the one in Montclair either. It's even worse than the one in Livingston. They both have old equipment, but at least the one in Livingston is very bright, as opposed to Montclair which is below street level with no windows. It's much smaller too. Montclair could use a good gym.
I should cancel my Passport membership and get one gym for 3 month one, this will be like $20/month instead of what I am paying... I have tried like 4 gyms in town. NYC Sports is like most expensive. Cheaper once have more single female crowd. If you wanna jog for an hour and then get into a sauna to sweat out all the booze you drank over the weekend NYC is like the best place.

Livingston club was starting to get crowded, but then they renovated JCC@W.O. so NYC got empty, don't know what happened next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey