Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM

15,024 posts, read 9,985,305 times

Advertisements

Riverside road parallels the meander of Rockaway river near the downtown area.

This is what it looks like 2 days after Sandy

This is somewhere along Riverside....

This is downtown area...

Between the two, I would still pick Denville. You just have to be careful to research the flooding situation. It is a nice and reasonable priced town with a good school. I have friends that also live in Rockaway and they seem happy with their location but it lacks some of the small town character that Denville possesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 07:42 PM

15,024 posts, read 9,985,305 times
As for the commute to Montville, my route that has worked for me:

1) Through downtown Denville onto Pocono Road
2) past Saint clare hospital
3) Then Left (north) on Boulevard through Mountain lakes
4) Then on to Main street through downtown Boonton
5) Then left on 202 onto Montville (Well I generally hit 287 north onto northern NJ)

Even when Route 46 and 80 are backed up, the local route seems consistent in time.

Oh yes... Denville just went through a reassessment too. People predict the properties will be assessed higher than current but the rate will drop depending on city budget. In general though, Rockaway has slightly higher taxes and Denville is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey