Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:14 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yeah, i can see how my kids will make homeskillets at the beach club and me and the wife can relax with the adults.
my previous post should say beach club, think you understood, but just in case.

IF your little ones join the swim team you might not see them again until Sept- then you can really bring on the booze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 12:34 PM

21 posts, read 52,818 times
Great info on the clubs. Is it true that wait lists can be years long? Wondering if we should try getting on some now. We are not snobs whatsoever (as we'll have one of the cheaper houses in the area ha) and would probably like a more laid back scene with drinks and a kids club for when the kids are old enough. My parents have a house in Avon so we are looking at the clubs as more of a social thing since we don't know anyone!
Metsfan - thx for the realtor info

Old 12-05-2015, 01:06 PM

901 posts, read 2,248,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmc View Post
We finally decided on Rumson (with a small chance of River Oaks, Fair Haven if we can find the right house)- looking to move this spring! Anyway, we've been to a few open houses and met some decent realtors, but no one is really jumping out. Curious if anyone had any recs. Would be looking for someone that might have access to pre-market stuff as well. Budget is on the lower end for Rumson - we can spend a max of 1.2mln and looking for 4 bedroom.

Also, what's the deal with the beach clubs? We wouldn't look to join until 2017 as we'll be broke after this house purchase haha, but it is something we are interested in down the road as we have a one and a half year old and another on the way. I would imagine there are wait lists, but curious how long lists were and all that fun stuff.

Anything else we should know?

Thanks!
I find Fair Haven to be more family oriented than Rumson and much more inventory in the 800K-1 million range. With regards to the beach clubs they are great and worth the money, even just for the social aspect of it. They all have waiting lists, 2 years for Surfrider seems to be the shortest. While there are some wealthy people there I find most are young professionals with good jobs, young kids and looking for a fun safe place to spend the summers. Don't discount other sections of Fair Haven, such as the University streets area and anything waterside of River Road.

Old 12-05-2015, 01:19 PM

901 posts, read 2,248,668 times
If I had a million dollars I would buy this house. Great block, right on the Navesink!

http://m.trulia.com/property/3160940....12.1.7.1.0.87

Old 12-06-2015, 08:12 AM

Oyster- was over in River Oaks section yesterday- every time I'm there I marvel at how beautiful it is over there. Saw one of the houses I was looking at that is now being expanded big time for a builder flip- seems to be the wave of the present/future over there these days....also walked by the duck pond over to Buttonwood, just beautiful.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 PM

21 posts, read 52,818 times
Thanks OysterCatcher - good to know. We are more drawn to Rumson, but there are certainly some beautiful parts of Fair Haven. I do agree that the area towards the water off River Road is also nice. That house looks great, I'm hoping we can see it in the next few weeks. It's tough because we are in limbo until February, so I'm trying not to get my heart set on any properties. However, it's good checking stuff out and things aren't moving that quickly right now so you never know! Glad to hear that the beach clubs attract some normal people as well haha.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmc View Post
Thanks OysterCatcher - good to know. We are more drawn to Rumson, but there are certainly some beautiful parts of Fair Haven. I do agree that the area towards the water off River Road is also nice. That house looks great, I'm hoping we can see it in the next few weeks. It's tough because we are in limbo until February, so I'm trying not to get my heart set on any properties. However, it's good checking stuff out and things aren't moving that quickly right now so you never know! Glad to hear that the beach clubs attract some normal people as well haha.

Just a word OP, anything in the two Rivers area that is priced right is gone in about a week, often after a bidding war. I would use this time to get a feel for the market and speak to realtor to go over your wants rather than specific houses. Get to know blocks you like because stuff goes that quick. We lost one house in a bidding war that never even went to listing, the office had about 5 offers from clients in 48 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey