Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 13,507 times

Advertisements

I need help. I am looking to buy an in-ground pool for my yard. I want a lined pool. I need it to be around 25k. Is that reasonable these days? I have been shopping but when all is said and done, the price it too high. Does anyone have any recommendations for Vineland area? I would like to start ASAP and have everything ready by June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,887,349 times
Sorry I don't have any recommendations but you can try gardenweb.com. They have forums for different home projects. There is one for pools and it is very informative. You might have better success there.

I will say from when I was shopping for IG pool 4 years ago, 25K was the absolute bottom price I received for a very small lined pool and based on what I had read you need to budget for at least 10% more than the contract price (since there are almost always things forgotten etc.).

Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,628,621 times
I know that having a pool seems like a really great idea but I wish I never bought this house that has one. It's expensive to run and service and we hardly use it. When we get back to Jersey, I will pay $$$ for a pool-club membership instead.

P.S. It also turned off a lot of buyers here that didn't want a pool.

Just my 2c

Good Luck!
Shanny

Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 10,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbryant View Post
I need help. I am looking to buy an in-ground pool for my yard. I want a lined pool. concrete is hard to do when it is 3 times more. If you dont have a dog....

I need it to be around 25k. Is that reasonable these days? I have seen ads for big free form pools in that range.

I have been shopping but when all is said and done, the price it too high. Does anyone have any recommendations for Vineland area? I would like to start ASAP and have everything ready by June.
You may have had to be in the pool company schedule to accomplish this. thuo it only takes .. two weeks to get it swimable. But the decking takes time due to you want the soils to settle before you do your decks.

Make sure everything is well compacted before the deck. Uh also another pitfall is they alsways overcharge you for the electrical timer hahaha

There are many pitfall and a lot can go wrong. I even tried to weed out pool builders only to be talked to like I read to many books by a laborer...my pool company portrayed certain methods of construction and when corrective measures needed to be taken - they ignored it!

There is a lot to be said about low bid!!

Good site is PoolForum.com. Has helped us the whole way, wish I found it before our construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey