Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 03:52 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

I am laid up due to a fall and my daughter came home from upstate to baby me. We are vegetarians and will be getting takeout food tonight from a new place called Greekamole. I guess it's a chain. "Mediterranean Fusion". I'll let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 04:26 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
It's for the Hospitaliano! Just kidding. Olive Garden is the McDonald's of Italian food.

HOWEVER, sometimes people want McDonald's...even if they have sophisticated palates that have known and enjoyed Kobe beef. Every once in a while, I need a Big Mac. I know it's trash that will stay in my colon forever, and then kill me (according to the internets)...but I still have to have one a few times a year. Because I am an ad man's dream. Those commercials from the '80s about the two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun, have brainwashed me forever. Damn you, Ronald McDonald!

I will cop to being at that Olive Garden. Only 2 or 3 times, though. I swear! Once was with a great Aunt who was obsessed with the endless salad and bread sticks (I won't lie...I enjoyed them). The other time was with elementary school-aged cousins who took full advantage of the free crayons and paper place mats. And then another time, my mother and I just wanted to go somewhere in sweatpants and stuff our faces anonymously. Actually, I'm guessing the OG gets a lot of traffic from that Karate academy next door. Is that still there? Kids love Olive Garden.

But yeah, Livingston has some of the best Italian and Chinese around. DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED. Where I'm at, the Italian & Chinese doesn't hold a candle to what I was spoiled with in Livingston.
The Karate place is still there. Now there is a GameStop next to it.

Across the street, where Houlahans used to be (Lamb's Chinese Restaurant before that...if you are old enough to remember), they are building a Shake Shack, a drive through Starbucks, and The Container Store.

I'm psyched for the Shake Shack. I love their burgers. And while I first thought that we don't really need a 3rd Starbucks, the "drive through" aspect is something I'm looking forward to.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:00 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am laid up due to a fall and my daughter came home from upstate to baby me. We are vegetarians and will be getting takeout food tonight from a new place called Greekamole. I guess it's a chain. "Mediterranean Fusion". I'll let you know.

I'm very interested to hear how this place is....have you tried the greek eats place yet over on Newmann Springs?

Old 01-08-2016, 07:04 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
that's like going from 0 to 150MPH......
if that's the goal maybe ease into it with Christines or Drew's in Keyport beforehand....
Go big or go home!

Old 01-08-2016, 07:30 PM

370 posts, read 1,370,152 times
Diners
1. Butler Family Diner, Butler
2. Jefferson Diner, Jefferson

Grocery Store
1. Shop Rite, Rochelle Park
2. Maywood Market, Maywood

Greek
1.Taste of Greece, Riveredge
2. Stamna, Bloomfield

Pizza
1. Jersey Pizza Co, Wood-ridge

Japanese
1. Sakura Bana, Ridgewood

Old 01-08-2016, 07:34 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl08 View Post

Japanese
1. Sakura Bana, Ridgewood
As a Japanese citizen (don't let the Ivan Putski handle fool you) I agree 100% on this place. All other Japanese restaurants (aside from Yakitori39) including Masa in Allendale, pretty much blows. In my humble opinion as always.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
I'm very interested to hear how this place is....have you tried the greek eats place yet over on Newmann Springs?
It was ok. Not great, but I will try it again.

Where on Newman Springs? Between Shrewsbury and 35?

Old 01-08-2016, 09:04 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It was ok. Not great, but I will try it again.

Where on Newman Springs? Between Shrewsbury and 35?
That's what I figured. The place I mentioned is over by loraccas balery and the Nissan dealership in the new shopping Plaza with platypus.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:41 AM

501 posts, read 1,429,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
As a Japanese citizen (don't let the Ivan Putski handle fool you) I agree 100% on this place. All other Japanese restaurants (aside from Yakitori39) including Masa in Allendale, pretty much blows. In my humble opinion as always.
Respectful of your opinion... However, Hiro Sushi may actually top the crown on some cases with sushi. (That's why it's at the top of my list, a few pages back...) はい。

Old 01-09-2016, 11:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Haven't made it yet- it's on the list...altough I'm supposed to try Patricias next when we're in Holdmel..know somebody that knows somebody that has a piece of the place- it's supposed to be quite good....

usually when we go chaining these days it's to Bonefish on 35 by Whole Foods, it's pretty good and the drinks are well made- plus we can go at 4:45 and not wait...

On more place to add- best pizza- Deninos in Brick...just trust me on this- get the MOP or the garbage pie, fired calamari, or any pizza with sausage....
im thinking of making tonight a bonefish night and tomorrow a patricias night.

you ever been to nicholas? it just seems like a place that is going to be fancy (and pricey) but not really deliver on tasty food. i think my mom didnt give it a great review and so ive never really considered it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey