Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 13,995 times

Advertisements

The only thing i really dislike is how it feels like people only think that North Jersey is New Jersey.. and its not. Other then Atlantic City and Wildwood.. poor South Jersey gets ignored a lot. We gots the Jersey Devil down here.. hehe don't forget..

I like that we got everything you could need in life. Want the Beach? We got it. Want the farm life? We got it. Want mega Urban? Got that too. Love the big cities. Philly and NYC are right there. Mountains and snow playing is your thing? Bust on over to the Poconos thats not to far away. Only thing we dont have is a dessert. Unless you count the mile long trek to the water from the Wildwood boardwalk..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
dislike - property taxes

like - everything else, even car insurance, i probably have lower rates than a lot of other states. pays to be over 25, live in a non urban area and have good driving records.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:35 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayiko View Post
The only thing i really dislike is how it feels like people only think that North Jersey is New Jersey.. and its not. Other then Atlantic City and Wildwood.. poor South Jersey gets ignored a lot. We gots the Jersey Devil down here.. hehe don't forget..

I like that we got everything you could need in life. Want the Beach? We got it. Want the farm life? We got it. Want mega Urban? Got that too. Love the big cities. Philly and NYC are right there. Mountains and snow playing is your thing? Bust on other to the Poconos thats not to far away. Only thing we dont have is a dessert. Unless you could the mile long trek to the water from the Wildwood boardwalk..
Don't tell anybody please. I want Moorestown to continue to be ranked #1 in the US. If you tell them this, they will show up in droves.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayiko View Post
I'll take that one step further - people say "Well, South Jersey is nice, North Jersey is a dump". What they are actually saying is "The Newark area is a dump". North Jersey as a whole is not a dump - Sussex, Morris, Warren, Somerset Cntys are beautiful.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Don't tell anybody please. I want Moorestown to continue to be ranked #1 in the US. If you tell them this, they will show up in droves.
as cool as it is to be ranked #1 by Money - it really is a crock. I see some of these towns in the top 100 and shake my head. And how can Moorestown be #1 one year and not even make the list the next?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
HAHAhahaa ok deal. i'll keep it under wraps.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM

The western part of north jersey is nice. I worked in Madison for a time, and that area is great. But east of there, no way.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I'll take that one step further - people say "Well, South Jersey is nice, North Jersey is a dump". What they are actually saying is "The Newark area is a dump". North Jersey as a whole is not a dump - Sussex, Morris, Warren, Somerset Cntys are beautiful.
Yeah.. it gets that too. Its mostly around the NYC area that people think of as New Jersey. I've been camping up there in the mountains and have to say that its some of the most beautiful area's to be in.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 PM

445 posts, read 1,983,952 times
Dislikes- High property taxes,high real estate prices,toll roads,corrupt politicians
Likes-Family

Old 02-06-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
as cool as it is to be ranked #1 by Money - it really is a crock. I see some of these towns in the top 100 and shake my head. And how can Moorestown be #1 one year and not even make the list the next?
Moorestown was in the Top 75 I believe after that ranking. It is just a piece of paper although it got a lot publicity for the entire state. If you don't know the area it is senseless to get into it. One thing worth pointing out that #1 ranking had a ridiculously low median home sales price like $350K or something when it was actually closer to $600K. After it was published, tons of NYers came to town wanting to buy investment property only to be disapointed with sticker shock when they starting looking around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey