Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:56 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas0242 View Post
There is a nice townhouse development in Martinsville, Bridgewater called the Loft. There's always a unit available in this area for purchase. You could probably get one for 450. Check realtor.com to see if there are any available.
It's Loft Farm, and yes, it is very nice. You probably aren't getting one for $450k. There are currently five 3br units available, the lowest price of which is listed at $509k. I guess you could try getting that one for $450k, The last 3BR unit to close under $500k, though, sold for $476,500, in June of '05.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailatanie View Post
Can you recommend a townhouse community (not older that 15 y.o.) that has really well planned homes. I am looking for a townhouse with high ceilings, spacious rooms in a pleasant location. Budget 400K-450K for a 3 bedroom.
I'm not a Middlesex guy, so I don't know what you'll find there. But in Somerset county you can get close, if you are willing to look in Franklin, Hillsborough, Branchburg, & Montgomery. There's also one currently in Raritan Boro that strikes me a a bargain. Raritan Boro is a tiny little town that most people probably think is in Bridgewater. And it's part of the Bridgewater Raritan School system. There are a few available in Bridgewater, though not many, and two currently in Bedminster. I have no way to filter the list for high ceilings, and your definition of spacious rooms might be different from mine, but you can look at this list to find out if there's any area or community youy seem to like. These are all CURRENTLY available, and from the MLS. They are NOT my listings.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:58 PM

10 posts, read 33,982 times
I'm sorry but who would want to live out/down there? Your prices are lower than North Jersey...Essex County.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megcur View Post
I'm sorry but who would want to live out/down there? Your prices are lower than North Jersey...Essex County.
To whom is ths addressed, & to what area does if pertain?

Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM

43 posts, read 189,852 times
[quote=Bill Keegan;2776275]It's Loft Farm, and yes, it is very nice. You probably aren't getting one for $450k. There are currently five 3br units available, the lowest price of which is listed at $509k. I guess you could try getting that one for $450k, The last 3BR unit to close under $500k, though, sold for $476,500, in June of '05.[/quote

The market is very bad right now. House prices aren't going up, they're all going down. I would say you could get one for 450k.. just make an offer and you would be surprised at the results.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas0242 View Post
[The market is very bad right now. House prices aren't going up, they're all going down. I would say you could get one for 450k.. just make an offer and you would be surprised at the results.
As you might guess from my clearly indicated profession, I have some insight on the market. From my just as clearly identified town of residence, you might also guess I have some knowledge of Martinsville. I stand by my statement. I'd be VERY surprised if you could get even that one for under $450k. Possible? Sure, I guess so. Likely? No. Worth a try? Absolutely, there's nothing to lose by trying, but don't get your hopes up.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 AM

43 posts, read 189,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
As you might guess from my clearly indicated profession, I have some insight on the market. From my just as clearly identified town of residence, you might also guess I have some knowledge of Martinsville. I stand by my statement. I'd be VERY surprised if you could get even that one for under $450k. Possible? Sure, I guess so. Likely? No. Worth a try? Absolutely, there's nothing to lose by trying, but don't get your hopes up.

I do like that development, but it seems there is a lot of inventory that's been sitting on the market for awhile now. I have to assume it's because of the high selling price of the units.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,194 times
Smile Old Bridge, NJ Townhomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailatanie View Post
Can you recommend a townhouse community (not older that 15 y.o.) that has really well planned homes. I am looking for a townhouse with high ceilings, spacious rooms in a pleasant location. Budget 400K-450K for a 3 bedroom.
Ok, my posts keep getting taken down because they are viewed as advertising. I am not trying to advertise. I just wanted to tell you that I think you will find what you are looking for in a community called The Villages at Heritage Woods in Old Bridge, NJ. The homes are around 2 years old, and they have the high ceilings, 2 story fam rooms, spacious rooms you said you were looking for, and I think you can get one in your price range. They back to the woods for privacy. My 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath homes, 1 car garage.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:46 PM

29 posts, read 146,504 times
New Home Listings in Central New Jersey,NJ K. Hovnanian® Homes™

Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,658,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
We've had our townhouse on the market for 1.5 months (Morris county 2300 sq. ft. 3 bdrms + ofc) 31 showings, 3 offers, between $30K & $50K too low. There are 3 in our development for sale, all within the same price. I can't blame people for making low offers, but many of us are not going to accept low ball offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey