Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,186 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I work in jersey city . We are trying to buy a new condo/townhouse with following criteria

1) 2 Bed 2/1.5 Bath
2) 1 hour commute to midtown are
3) Budget 450 -520K
4) We dont have family yet but will be starting soon (next year). Good day care, school district would be plus.

We went and saw pulte and wright place townhouses which are under our budget.
my personal bend is toward wright place as its giving the proper town house of 2300 SQ ft with all the upgrades in comparison of Pulte . I am not able to find out why the wright place is not getting so much of audience in compare of Pulte? When this both are sharing the same ground and both are close to new station.

Can any one put some lights on this? Any information is appreciated.we want to go with wright place but considering the current flow, where ppl are buying Pulte more we are confused.
The place looks within our budget. Can anyone please shed some lights on the location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 10:47 PM

4 posts, read 9,653 times
Smile Reply to Kashy re:Wright Place & Pulte Condos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyaps85 View Post
Hi,
I work in jersey city . We are trying to buy a new condo/townhouse with following criteria

1) 2 Bed 2/1.5 Bath
2) 1 hour commute to midtown are
3) Budget 450 -520K
4) We dont have family yet but will be starting soon (next year). Good day care, school district would be plus.

We went and saw pulte and wright place townhouses which are under our budget.
my personal bend is toward wright place as its giving the proper town house of 2300 SQ ft with all the upgrades in comparison of Pulte . I am not able to find out why the wright place is not getting so much of audience in compare of Pulte? When this both are sharing the same ground and both are close to new station.

Can any one put some lights on this? Any information is appreciated.we want to go with wright place but considering the current flow, where ppl are buying Pulte more we are confused.
The place looks within our budget. Can anyone please shed some lights on the location.
...Kashy, I live in the affordable housing part of Wesmont station (Ingerman)...I see everything that's happening around here, including the progress of both the Pulte & WrightPlace...Your decision to look here is a very wise one..The whole matter at hand is: when are you looking to move? Most of the Pulte project is finished. Wright Place still has a long way to go..Also, bear in mind that commuting has a lot to do with your decision: The future new NJ transit rail station here in Wesmont was supposed to be finished & operating in November..There's still a fair amount of work yet to be done..If you're looking to make a move in the near future, Pulte is the way to go...This is a beautiful place to be...Hope this helps...

Old 01-30-2016, 01:40 AM

24 posts, read 43,613 times
Hi Kashy,

I am a future resident of wright place and have booked an interior model with them there are tons of reasons to go with Wright place than pulte, based on my analysis. I would recommend that you take a tour of both places and see the difference. Definitely the construction of wright homes is way beyond of what Pulte would offer, starting from the door key hole :-) for which Wright homes does not charge a buck, ahh did I say they don't charge a buck extra for insulated care garage or multiple zone dampers.You pretty much get value for money. If you are in a rush to move in you can choose pulte as they have many ready to move in homes.

I have a lot of friends in the community living in pulte who are complaining about curry smell from neighbors through walls,rooms getting over heated for stacked homes and host of other problems because of lower quality of construction :-) Its true.

The quality of construction at wright homes insulates you from the above said issues, the guy at wright place is a bit weird some of them have called him moron, stupid, distraction and idiot. I would only expect that you would not waste time with him and look what's underneath the hood.Once the model homes are up soon they would increase the prices, like any other construction.

I can clearly see that your investment in wright home with only appreciate more compared to pulte. I spent 6 months for my analysis took 3 weeks off and looked around more than 15 communities and 80+ homes, from my research this wood ridge is the right place to invest and wright place is way to go. Please do your own analysis btw Pulte and wright home before coming to a conclusion.

The school district many not be exciting in great schools please use niche k12 for your analysis and in btw they started a pre-k enrollment at this place and all the spots were booked in a matter of week from Pre-k till 5th grade you should be covered and once tax abatement ceases in 5 years from now this place will have surplus tax dollars to spend more on education. I believe the influx of 210+ multi racial families affording 500k + homes will have a great positive affect on the community in near future. You really don't want to miss out this opportunity.

Last edited by ala2016; 01-30-2016 at 01:52 AM..

Old 07-10-2016, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 7,072 times
Kashy-

I had been looking for new townhomes myself and compared both Wright Place with Pulte community. Upon doing my research I learned that Wright Place is a first time home builder (kind of scary to be the guinea pig!) while Pulte has been building homes for a very long time and is a public company. I personally think Pulte community is the better bet in the long run given their history and being a big company.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,474 times
Default Thinking of buying with WestPoint

Hey everyone -we are in our attorney review phase and are starting to have doubts on the WP builders vs Pulte (known and trusted) has anyone bought a house with WP and is very happy? or not happy? Please share your experiences. We would love to understand more on this builder...

THanks!

Old 02-01-2017, 08:50 AM

15 posts, read 39,940 times
First post on this forum/thread!

We moved into a Wright Place unit a few weeks ago and are very happy with our choice.

I think what you get with Pulte is an experience with a more well-seasoned team - from Sales to builder, etc.
They also offer more options/customization (at a price).

We went back and forth between Pulte/WP and when we decided upon WP, these were some of the things we noted as factors:
- Pulte driveways are separated by concrete pole dividers; WP's are separated by brick half-walls
- WP's decks are separated by privacy walls and the beam over the garage is covered (white), whereas Pulte's are unfinished (and no privacy wall)
- WP's "common area" between the townhomes are more upscale (benches, landscaping, etc.)
- WP is farther from industrial section and train station (more secluded, private - there aren't people driving or walking down your street to get to the train)
- WP's interior/exteriors generally have a more "grand" feel - wider, more open staircases; higher ceilings; bigger windows; soft-close cabinets
- It's hard to recall details from 6 months ago, but it generally felt like a lot of the stuff included in a WP home was an "option" in a Pulte home. Perhaps people are drawn to the lower base price of a Pulte unit - but by the time you throw in all the features included at WP, you're definitely at a higher price-point.

I hope this is helpful!

Old 02-01-2017, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 8,474 times
THank you! this was helpful!

Old 02-03-2017, 01:35 PM

38 posts, read 72,234 times
I am currently live in liberty square at Westmont by Pulte in a Davenport model, I closed around 1.5 year ago. If I can choose again, I would definitely choose wright place! First my house always have cooking smell from my neighbors, I have to turn on the air cleaners in every part of my house to avoid the strong smell . Second, the HOA fee is higher than wright place even we have more houses in the development . Pulte still control our HOA until the house is sold which we are hoping in 2 years. In the meanwhile , they have the final veto vote on everything. But it won't be a problem if they doing a good job, unfortunately this is not the case. The past two winters, they hired the worst crew to do the plowing while Wright place have the best team on this matter. We changed our management company about 6 months ago but seem like they have no idea what they are doing either. Neighbors keep complaining the trash and dog poo everywhere. So yes, if you ask me now, I hope I picked the wright place and good luck of your new house whichever you choose!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey