Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 02:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Next time get a buyer's agent and a real estate attorney who in theory have your interest in mind since they will be working for you.
This is not the place for consumer complaints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 08:15 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Trusty View Post
Just to clarify I did not use the listing agent. This home was for my son I was helping in with the transaction. I have never met a realtor that acted so egregiously and unethically. Anybody anywhere can make any deal fall through when you're put in charge of said deal and do nothing to help it close.This person should lose his license and not be able to pursue any interests in real estate. The real estate broker who's this scumbag works under there is all talk. Just like the other scumbag this broker tells me he's going to have his agent call back and ask for an extension again. We never hear a damn thing again I'm wondering if the agent learned this awfully special work ethic from the Broker he works under. Call me naive call me stupid I'm a very ethical person I play by the rules. These are rules I live by obviously all people don't have the same standard for themselves expecially this scumbag realtor. So Mr scumbag threatens to keep the down payment while we are waiting to hear about the extension. So Mr scumbag succeed in getting the kids these kids to sign a kill letter so they could get there deposit back. What a big man he intimidates young adults trying to buy their first house oh my God he's such a damn genius. After the kill letter is sent in we find out Fannie Mae never had the deed and could not go to closing. They could not close on the date. We were asking to get an extension. So scumbag realtor won the war he gets the sale and gets his whole 1500 or $3,000 Commission oh my god what a big man. So my only recourse is to go to the state licensing board for REALTORS complain about him there I'll complain about him at the Ocean County Board of Realtors and blog online. This scumbag can only sell REO homes because he's such a f'n moron. And you're going to say he out witted you. now I just do not have time to play these stupid childish baby games if he needs $3,000 that bad and wants to wreck his reputation he is a nit wit. So far I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or the worthless business bureau I forgot what they call that place. Next I'm going to the state licensing board for Realtors and lastly I'm going to the Ocean County Board of Realtors. The deal was squashed it took 3 months I'm going to file complaints in an hour and hopefully it'll cause him a couple of months of discomfort. If any of the boards have people with IQs greater than 10 so they might actually do something to him. I'll fine or a suspension. In your code of ethics as a Realtor you have to look out for your clients best interest this guy's head is so far up his ass he can't see daylight. Hopefully he'll sit home for a month on suspension and get a lot of Sun.
This is pretty hard to follow, you seem to just be angry and it is hard to follow what actually occurred. Do you have a buyers agent? Who is representing your son in this transaction? The realtors don't decide when the closing takes place, especially in an REO/foreclosure property. Like others have said, your attorney should be communicating with sellers attorney. The process works as follows:

1. Put offer on a house in contract form with your 1st good faith deposit.
2. Realtor submits offer to seller, which they either accept or reject or counter
3. You go into attorney review, so you get an attorney. At this point, it in their hands. With an REO this could take significantly longer. Many times banks will have to approve buyer. The realtor really doesn't do anything at this point, might send your good faith deposit into attorney trust account. Any further deposits go to the attorney as per contract.
4. The banks decide when you close after all underwriting criteria is met. Realtor gets his/her commission then and only then after closing.

If the deal falls through earnest money and deposits go back to the buyer. Certain circumstances may occur where this might not happen, but that is not up to the realtor. Attorneys handle those things.

Realtors don't really make much, they have to pay for insurance, overhead, listings many other expenses...all these things they have to front their own money for. They do not get health insurance, or any other benefits or even a steady paycheck. I am still not sure what ethics violation you are claiming took place.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,226 times
Marc it's my 50 house I was trying to help out my son his girlfriend. She found a women realtor and we're using her but ahead was nice but not a fighter she didn't know how to push back..If it was me I would have been in the house already. I don't stand for bull****. I would have went to the listing agents house and explained why it would be in his beat interest to cooperate. He can do what he wants. But if it doesn't go through he would need to take time off to heal up. I don't need the house who knows maybe he will catch a beating. Realtors who act like children should be treated likeep children. I don't think the courts are a way to fix this either just some old fashion ass kicking.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:14 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Trusty View Post
some old fashion ass kicking.
Ah yes, the least childish way to move forward.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:18 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
I'm still trying to figure out what a "relitor" might be.
That word doesn't appear in any of my dictionaries.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what a "relitor" might be.
That word doesn't appear in any of my dictionaries.

OP was also screwed by his elementary school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey