Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,485 times

Advertisements

I am ready to move to New Jersy in a couple of weeks but, I do't have any neighbour hood information about the area regarding on less crime,convenient location to New York & reasonable apartment rent as well as good school system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2006, 01:51 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,265 times
I live in Monmouth County in the Bayshore towns. We have a direct train line and stations running through Hazlet, Middletown, Matawan, Red Bank, and on down.

It is expensive but less so than northern NJ, more so than southern. It's really nice here, and Matawan/Aberdeen have many rentals.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,486 times
Question North Jersey apartment hunting

Hey eg501-

I'm in a similar boat. Looking for a place in Northern Jersey-I work on Long Island. We are moving from South Jersey which is pretty much another world-so I could use all the help I could get.
What do people think about Perth Amboy, Orange, New Brunswick...something on the cheaper side would be nice...poor college grad

Old 07-09-2006, 03:39 PM

13 posts, read 99,466 times
wow- that's a hike to work in LI!! I actually just found a place in New Brunswick it takes me about an hour with out traffic to get there from the South Shore of Long Island- if you're commuting then expect it to be a lot longer- if you're taking the train then it will take you about 2 hours between transfering from NJ Transit/LIRR in Penn Station, and if you're driving expect a ton of traffic going through Staten Island and Brooklyn- it usually takes me 2 hours either way.... I dont know about Perth Amboy, but South Orange is a very nice area, it might be a bit pricey though, I'm not too sure-- although expect the same deal with a commute to LI!!

Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 AM

7 posts, read 17,239 times
I don't know much about those areas but anyone I know who's had a long commute like that to work says it gets old real quick. I live in southern Bergen County (Lyndhurst...right by the Meadowlands)....With no traffic it's about 7-10 minutes from the city....The train goes right thru here...By train or bus it's about 1/2 hour commute to NYC....Lots of young people and fun!!!! Stay by the pulse of city live while living in a suburban/urban area!!!! Rated one of the top 25 places to live in NJ by NJ Monthly....

Old 07-30-2006, 05:33 PM

66 posts, read 390,860 times
Default check out South Amboy

I just purchased a condo in South Amboy, the commute is about 45 minutes to Penn Station and the town has a beautiful "downtown" area that will only get better in the future. I walk everywhere on the weekends and sometimes I hop on the train to NYC to visit friends or the opposite direction for the shore.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,576 times
please no more new yowkes, there are soooo many people already in this state. please move to connecticut or westchester

Old 10-28-2006, 11:28 AM

22 posts, read 82,149 times
[quote=jackie8689;12671] Moving to Fla, next month.

Hope you are bi-lingual or "average" looking since the only employers out here is pretty much Disney and Universal and everything including Walmart requires bi-lingual... and the pay is low and the health care is primitive/archaic. But good luck though!

Oh and prey you don't get into an auto accident the 1st 5mins you are here.. driving is beyond un-believable.
But if your moving toward the beaches they are beautiful!

Old 10-28-2006, 12:07 PM

7 posts, read 32,627 times
I heard Newport is a great place especially for singles

http://www.newportnj.com/

Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,302 times
Default Fair Haven

I live in Fair Haven and it truly is a "Norma Rockwell" town. The children can safely ride their bikes to school and play at the local parks without fear. I am a real estate agent as well. Rumson is beautiful homes that are expensive. However, if you live in Fair Haven you are right in the middle of lovely Rumson and jumping, red hot Red Bank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey