Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,048 times

Advertisements

For Everyone on this thread hating on immigrants, remember that this country is built on immigrants. Where would you be if there were no foriegn doctors, IT workers, designers, mathemeticians, laborers?
You came from somewhere too. Go check with your Grandpa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 AM

208 posts, read 468,518 times
Carol Anna, This is a thread from 2008-2010...

Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmonster1221 View Post
Carol Anna, This is a thread from 2008-2010...
Carol Anna clearly had something to get off her chest, I'm sure she doesn't care how old the thread is.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:50 AM

208 posts, read 468,518 times
That's probably true since she only posted twice...

Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,019,847 times
It's the illegal immigrants we have a problem with. They cannot work a legitimate job, so people hire them anyway, and pay them cash. Therefore, they are not paying taxes. So, the bigger problem is you who hire them! Our economy will not recover until jobs are created so people can buy homes and then remodel and furnish them.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
"Some" hits the nail on the head. There are a set of people who think the world needs to be handed to them, and children who act worse than their parents as a result. This isn't to say you won't find this behavior in Cranford, because you will. I lived in Westfield for a few years, and prior to that, was there often hanging out around town.

I like Westfield. I don't like the trend of mall stores coming in, it ruins what I like about Westfield.

Schools are negligibly different. I wouldn't worry there, a great education is available in both towns.

Cacciola is a single street btw, and no, you wouldn't want to live by it. So don't. In general, you rarely see the people of Cacciola, unless you go down the street. Which I liked to avoid, quite a bit.

You'll see a difference in people between north side and south side (yes, the tracks *do* divide the town this way). The south side is "less desirable", but certainly not undesirable - its a differentiation the snooty people make. If you have some specific questions, I'd be glad to help.
Hi -

Thanks so much for the insight about Cacciola as I like to run outside alot. I'm currently living in Westchester, NY which I grew up and love it. I just got engaged and my and fiance are looking to buy in New Jersey because of lower taxes. We've heard from friends who live in NJ about some great towns and we checked out Westfield first. We looked at a few places in Scotch Plains which seemed great, but really loved Westfield and want something closer to the Westfield train station because of the commute into NYC. Is living on North Avenue dangerous for raising children one day?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:31 PM

465 posts, read 607,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl87 View Post
Hi -

Thanks so much for the insight about Cacciola as I like to run outside alot. I'm currently living in Westchester, NY which I grew up and love it. I just got engaged and my and fiance are looking to buy in New Jersey because of lower taxes. We've heard from friends who live in NJ about some great towns and we checked out Westfield first. We looked at a few places in Scotch Plains which seemed great, but really loved Westfield and want something closer to the Westfield train station because of the commute into NYC. Is living on North Avenue dangerous for raising children one day?
This is Westfield. Trust me - you can run on Cacciola Place anytime you like and no one will bother you. Anyone who thinks that any street in Westfield is even a wee bit dangerous is delusional.

Westfield does have a certain feel to it like some Westchester towns.

North Avenue is a busy road so you have to ask yourself is living on a busy road worth it. you can certainly save money on the price of a house by living on a busy road. now is there any reason to think that one day you'll have kids who run into the street without thinking ? Maybe a dog perhaps?
there are tradeoffs, like anything else.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:58 PM

15 posts, read 13,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl87 View Post
Hi -

Having lived four blocks from Cacciola Pl. for the last twenty years, I can assure you, lol, there is no one waiting to jump out of the bushes to mug you. In fact, all over the Manor Park neighborhood the kids still leave their bikes and toys out all night, and front doors are left open all evening in the nice weather. That is something you just don't see anymore. You don't want to buy a house on North Avenue if you're planning to raise a family unless you have to. It's way too dangerous for children.

As for the taxes, they are anything but lower in NJ especially in Westfield. Look at some of the other threads on the board for tax info.

Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey