Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM

191 posts, read 394,163 times

Advertisements

Paterson is depressing and disgusting.The most rat infested
gutter in jersey!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM

7 posts, read 46,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas1337 View Post
Why don't you look up the commercial real estate prices on Main St? Arab and Turkish immigrants have made that area the wealthiest in the region. For what you get, that area is more expensive than similar properties in the surrounding Bergen County suburbs. Another line of evidence is the fact that there's actually privately funded new construction happening there.
That portion on Main Street has an extremely bad rat/sewage problem.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:49 PM

128 posts, read 193,207 times
Paterson used to be really nice (my grandparents and dad grew up there). I used to live in Hawthorne, which is right across the river, so I know some of the bad parts. I've heard Wrigley Park is bad. Woodland Park (was west Paterson) is nice, but not in city limits anymore. Some streets by Main Street, and some of Main Street, are bad. Some parts by the falls I've heard are nice, too. The schools are really bad. People I know there have gotten robbed a lot. But, Paterson's not really as bad as Camden or even Newark. But, you still have to be careful there. There are definitely nicer cities around there, though, but more pricey.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:40 PM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by townrater View Post
Paterson used to be really nice (my grandparents and dad grew up there). I used to live in Hawthorne, which is right across the river, so I know some of the bad parts. I've heard Wrigley Park is bad. Woodland Park (was west Paterson) is nice, but not in city limits anymore. Some streets by Main Street, and some of Main Street, are bad. Some parts by the falls I've heard are nice, too. The schools are really bad. People I know there have gotten robbed a lot. But, Paterson's not really as bad as Camden or even Newark. But, you still have to be careful there. There are definitely nicer cities around there, though, but more pricey.
What? West Paterson was NEVER in the city limits of Paterson. It was once part of Little Falls, but broke away and was incorporated as its own borough in 1914.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:52 PM

128 posts, read 193,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What? West Paterson was NEVER in the city limits of Paterson. It was once part of Little Falls, but broke away and was incorporated as its own borough in 1914.
Oh, it was?? Sorry, I wasn't sure about that.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,805 times
I can weed literally in every street(mostly dimebags ($10)) hookah pens($10) filter tip and black amiials ($1) sold by like80% of store owners. Crazy as *****s and ratchet as hoes.

It's really bad for teens and young adults.
I don't like doing it but u have to do this kind of **** to survive (especially in kennedy)
Alcohol is harder to get, only if u got connections. Since I'm Latino I know that redwood and nearby neighborhood are run by trinitarios a dominican gang. Recently we started drinking leen. This requires a 2 liter sprite bottle, NyQuil (pink one) jolly ranchers or soup patch put about like a little less than half, all the jolly ranchers or sour patch kids in it shake and that's it sometimes with remi which is a type of alcohol.
Here's a link to a big fight in paterson it's between blacks and Dominicans
Paterson's Biggest Fight Between Black Gang
Dominican Gang YouTube - YouTube
please if you have kids don't come here
If it doesn't work just google "patersons biggest fight" and click the first video you see.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:35 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolo24ism View Post
I can weed literally in every street.
Many cities are currently overgrown with weeds in vacant lots, and weeds can even be seen sprouting through cracks in the pavement on some streets. If you are willing to do some weeding in every street of Paterson, you would be performing a wonderful public service.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 5,118 times
To be honest not all of Paterson is bad. So many people over exaggerate, if you live in Newark I would be afraid but Paterson SERIOUSLY. Have you been to the side if Paterson that is close to Wayne or that is close to Woodland Park. When you go to those neighborhoods I am sure you'll say "this is Paterson???" Those parts are really nice but when you go to the middle of Paterson that's where you should watch out. The borders are nice but the inside is bad. I am not Going to lie but I do live in Paterson but live on the Woodland Park border. I am actually happy that I live their. The neighborhood is nice and the houses are nice. My next door neighbors house is incridible. You wouldn't believe a house like that would be in Paterson. Also some lady from Hackensack moved next door and said she moved because Hackensack was really bad.(If she moved to Paterson I'm guessing it was really bad). I'm a teacher, my next door neighbor is a nurse, the lady that recently bought her house is a lady that works for a big company, everybody around the street I live in are educated people not like the ones that live on the other side of Paterson. The lady from Hackensack is so rich that she is breaking down that house and got an architect to create her house into a really big house(she should me the planning for the house and it is preety close to being a mansion). With all the people that live in these area of Paterson really like and want to better Paterson, with more good people coming in Paterson will hopefully be in better conditions.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,533 times
To hell with Paterson! I was born and raised there till I was 18 then got the hell out. I saw nothing but drugs, violence and decay as I grew up. I was in the Alexander Hamilton Hotel fire of 84 and almost lost my life. I am the product of a poorly run education system that offers little to no further, unless you envision a future as a convenience store clerk. The only reason I'm alive today is because I left when I could. And to those who those who call us "sheltered" I say You think you're better than us? Lmao! There's NOTHING sheltered about us. Okay maybe those stupid stinking humps from the shore but Paterson is and will always be a jungle.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 PM

192 posts, read 248,659 times
Man reading this thread has been CRAZY! Whenever I drove to Patterson it was for Arab food on Crooks, some of the best food in the country PERIOD. Cheap, nutritious, you can visit some of the farms out there in Patterson that raise the livestock. 100x better than the ****t white yuppies bring into every single other city in NJ/NY.

The street parallel to Crooks with the Omar mosque was so nice and clean cut, beautiful architecture students studying the Near East would come to visit from local univeristies. Reminded me of someone the nicer parts early 1900s parts of JC around Jordan/Summit/Armory. That and the easy commute to Lincoln/Tunnel Mid town made me consider this a future home. Maybe it's because between the turnpike and the restaurants, I never saw the rest of Patterson.

In fact come to think about it, the only non-ME person I have ever seen on my trips there have been me (South Asian) and slavic people. Nevers een whites, blacks, hispanics at all around crooks and main.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey