Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 08:39 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Deminski & Doyle

I'm bringing this up again...and once again, I don't know which guy is which...but the subject was...

If you go to a hockey game, or a football game, and there are seats not being used...do you go and use those seats, after the game or concert has started? Then he says, call in...

So, Deminski & Doyle start discussing it, and the other guys does go down into the area where seats are more expensive and sits in that seat...and doesn't find anything wrong with it, b/c the people never showed up...

Well, the other guy, argues and argues so much, that he is right and every one else is wrong...but says, you may be right, but it is so wrong, it's like stealing b/c someone else paid for that seat.

And whoever calls in and says, "Yes, I do it!" he continually says, it's wrong b/c and goes off on these tangins...

They guy is so totally argumentative, he is incapable of viewing anyone else's thoughts or beliefs...it's always black or white...and he is ALWAYS right....

So I turned it off....to another station...

sometimes they have very good issues they talk about, but when he gets on his high horse, if it is not his belief, it is so above his comprehension...he is unable to focus on anyone else's point of view or allow. It's like they are attacking him personally....

And that is the younger generation today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 06:02 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Deminski & Doyle
Wow! Flashback...

I used to listen to them on 101.5 back in the 90's when I traveled frequently up to NJ for business. I liked them as a pair back then. I also liked Jay Sorenson in the mid-days and I put up with the lady that was on in the evenings (relationship type show).

I could not stand Gearhart. I always felt he was the consummate a-hole, "get off my lawn" kind of guy.

But that station was like an auto wreck. I couldn't bypass it! It beat listening to Stern, Scott Muni and whatever was left of Z100!

Old 03-31-2016, 06:18 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Deminski & Doyle

I'm bringing this up again...and once again, I don't know which guy is which...but the subject was...

If you go to a hockey game, or a football game, and there are seats not being used...do you go and use those seats, after the game or concert has started? Then he says, call in...

So, Deminski & Doyle start discussing it, and the other guys does go down into the area where seats are more expensive and sits in that seat...and doesn't find anything wrong with it, b/c the people never showed up...

Well, the other guy, argues and argues so much, that he is right and every one else is wrong...but says, you may be right, but it is so wrong, it's like stealing b/c someone else paid for that seat.

And whoever calls in and says, "Yes, I do it!" he continually says, it's wrong b/c and goes off on these tangins...

They guy is so totally argumentative, he is incapable of viewing anyone else's thoughts or beliefs...it's always black or white...and he is ALWAYS right....

sometimes they have very good issues they talk about, but when he gets on his high horse, if it is not his belief, it is so above his comprehension...he is unable to focus on anyone else's point of view or allow. It's like they are attacking him personally....

I was listening earlier this evening - Deminski is the obnoxious one. They were talking about dining & dashing and the "calmer" guy said he did "something like that" when he was a kid and the other guy said, "Doyle? You did what?" (paraphrasing).

That's how I finally figured it out.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
I was listening earlier this evening - Deminski is the obnoxious one. They were talking about dining & dashing and the "calmer" guy said he did "something like that" when he was a kid and the other guy said, "Doyle? You did what?" (paraphrasing).

That's how I finally figured it out.
He is obnoxious....seriously, if he hasn't ever experienced anything, everyone else who has, is wrong.

for instance, the subject one night was, "do you ever allow your pets to sleep with you in bed". So, people call in and say yes, I have a dog, and he sleeps with us...and the guy acts like it is unheard of to do...and those people are so wrong for doing so....and he keeps on and on about how wrong it is....hes a real nut case, and he's got a kid, a young child, whom they took to a concert...now, who would take a small kid to a concert?

I'm sorry but the guy is a real blow hard....he is incapable of realizing, that just b/c he thinks something is right, doesn't make everyone else wrong who believes contrary to the issue. And if people call in and are indifferent, he calls them names?

Most of the time, the show is interesting, but when he gets up on that high horse of his, he is intolerable. I don't know how the other guy has tolerated him for so long.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:11 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Deminski & Doyle

Yeah they are so annoying to listen to sometimes. I get that vibe too from one of them. Can never tell who is who and IMO they sound alike.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:25 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Does NJ 101.5 still use that audio setting that makes the hosts sound like they're talking over a PA system?

Old 04-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
He is obnoxious....seriously, if he hasn't ever experienced anything, everyone else who has, is wrong.

for instance, the subject one night was, "do you ever allow your pets to sleep with you in bed". So, people call in and say yes, I have a dog, and he sleeps with us...and the guy acts like it is unheard of to do...and those people are so wrong for doing so....and he keeps on and on about how wrong it is....hes a real nut case, and he's got a kid, a young child, whom they took to a concert...now, who would take a small kid to a concert?

I'm sorry but the guy is a real blow hard....he is incapable of realizing, that just b/c he thinks something is right, doesn't make everyone else wrong who believes contrary to the issue. And if people call in and are indifferent, he calls them names?

Most of the time, the show is interesting, but when he gets up on that high horse of his, he is intolerable. I don't know how the other guy has tolerated him for so long.
He has children from a previous marriage - could have been one of them. I think they live in Florida with their mom. I hope he didn't take an infant (his current wife had a baby not too long ago) to a concert!

I get a kick out of the callers more than anything & I don't mind Doyle.

I remember listening to them before they left. Then Carton & Rossi took the 2-7 slot.

A lot of people absolutely hated Carton. The first few time he was on, he was without Rossi...mostly politics (couldn't tell you if it was national or local) and I agreed with his views, so I loved him. He became more and more obnoxious as he gained notoriety for being obnoxious and doing things such as insulting this group/that group, etc.

He started to lose me when he tried to "sex it up" ala Howard Stern. Craig Carton is NO Howard Stern.

But he did well for himself - his "talent" for causing controversy and knowledge of all things sports related got him on WFAN.

I don't see Demenski following that path....so he should probably tone it down. He is no Craig Carton.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Does NJ 101.5 still use that audio setting that makes the hosts sound like they're talking over a PA system?
Doesn't sound like it to me...

Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
He has children from a previous marriage - could have been one of them. I think they live in Florida with their mom. I hope he didn't take an infant (his current wife had a baby not too long ago) to a concert!

I get a kick out of the callers more than anything & I don't mind Doyle.

I remember listening to them before they left. Then Carton & Rossi took the 2-7 slot.

A lot of people absolutely hated Carton. The first few time he was on, he was without Rossi...mostly politics (couldn't tell you if it was national or local) and I agreed with his views, so I loved him. He became more and more obnoxious as he gained notoriety for being obnoxious and doing things such as insulting this group/that group, etc.

He started to lose me when he tried to "sex it up" ala Howard Stern. Craig Carton is NO Howard Stern.

But he did well for himself - his "talent" for causing controversy and knowledge of all things sports related got him on WFAN.

I don't see Demenski following that path....so he should probably tone it down. He is no Craig Carton.
yes, he was talking about going to a concert with their child, and people were obnoxious, and I thought, why would you take a child to a concert, however, depends on who was playing?

I love the obnoxious one's laugh....makes me laugh, however, the other guy, is laid back....and very flexible, easy going, doesn't push his beliefs on people....

I remember the two guys you were talking about before, Carton and Rossi, Rossi, was extremely political, and obnoxious...

if Demenski gets to annoying, I just turn on music, but actually a lot of times they discuss current events, and it gets really interesting, and yes, some of those people that call in...(whoa)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey