Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,660 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering Glen Ridge as a place to settle. While we think the entire town is gorgeous and has much to offer- we have the feeling there may be a difference between the areas north of Bloomfield and south of Bloomfield. I have been told that there is a slightly higher rate of car theft south of bloomfiled but am wondering if the differences go even further.

can anyone familiar with Glen Ridge give us some feedback on this?
Thanks so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 AM

67 posts, read 344,285 times
I'm assuming you mean Bloomfield Ave, not the town of Bloomfield.

Glen Ridge is so small..

The differences would be that Southern Glen Ridge borders East Orange, Orange, Bloomfield, and some of the less desireable parts of Bloomfield, and Montclair. All of which are simply closer to "undesireables", thuggery, and Newark.
This is probably reflected in slightly lower house prices. One Caveat..is that NYC transportation is easily walkable.

Although I feel these differences are small, and not worth worrying about (unless your house is right on the border)...
The Northern part of Glen Ridge is more suitable for those looking for their surburban, lily white utopia, and want to be able to resell to those of their ilk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey