Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 11:35 PM

3 posts, read 2,288 times

Advertisements

Where are you coming from? Woodbridge
Why are you moving? Want a nicer home.
Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC? Lower Manhattan.

Will you buy or rent? Buy
What is your budget ? up to 550k
What kind of place are you looking for ? A nice 3 or 4 bedroom with a big back yard in a nice quiet area but close to a nice downtown.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Pets and parents.
Do you need/want good public schools? Don't care

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc)
Close knit, safe.

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc)
Safety, downtown area, new consturction/charming, family oriented

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 05:58 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,748,737 times
Check out West Orange. Fits your criteria and there is new construction in town.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkydapimp View Post
Check out West Orange. Fits your criteria and there is new construction in town.
I was under the impression the oranges weren't that great. I had a friend that went to Setton Hall and depending on the route you took it was scary as hell.

But I could be wrong.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:04 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy12354 View Post
I was under the impression the oranges weren't that great. I had a friend that went to Setton Hall and depending on the route you took it was scary as hell.

But I could be wrong.

Your friend likely drove through Newark which borders South Orange. I could see him being concerned driving through Newark.

There are 4 oranges. East Orange and Orange are the ones most want to avoid. West Orange and South Orange(especially South Orange) are quite nice with SO being very desirable. South Orange might be slightly out of your price range however but you would have an easy commute from there.

Either way, you should visit the towns for yourself and see how you feel.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:50 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,640,995 times
How about Secaucus? Train station to NYC right in town and it's close to Hoboken and Jersey City where there's plenty to do. Taxes are relatively low as well.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:32 PM

29 posts, read 39,753 times
There are a number of very nice communities around Union and Morris Counties. There are some towns that you cannot generally get into simple due to the point you are looking for. Union County Town: Scotch Plains, Berkeley Heights, New Providence (is a stretch but a possibility). Morris County: Florham Park, East Hanover, Whippany. You should be able to find a home in these markets in your price range that are 3-4 bedrooms with a back yard. Not to mention, most of these town are on the midtown direct train line - makes commuting/visiting the city very easy.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:18 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,227,289 times
You may want to clarify the "new construction/charming" comment. Usually "new construction" means houses built in the last 20 years or so while "charming" means houses built between the American Revolution and WW II.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey