Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,145,323 times

Advertisements

At least Springsteen isn't that bad. My neighbors blast salsa/meringue music all day. Nothing is more annoying than that type of music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 10:15 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Maybe, but if he's elderly he might be hard of hearing and not realizing he's been turning it up louder and louder.
he's not old, middle aged, and works on his yard every day.

again, i don't mind his playing music once in while, we all do for backyard bbq's, pool parties, but it's on every single day from 7am till sunset which can be 9pm in the summertime. to make matters worse, it's the same music over and over. the same 4-5 playlists. i have glory days and dead or alive looping in my head, even at work.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:26 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
Well, never let them pass you by.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:27 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
At least Springsteen isn't that bad. My neighbors blast salsa/meringue music all day. Nothing is more annoying than that type of music.
All music is annoying when it's not yours and out of your control and played repetitively for days.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:34 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times
Probably nothing you can do about playing music during the day. Other then talking to him about it, but that's out now that you have called the cops on him

Old 06-01-2016, 11:53 AM

585 posts, read 492,748 times
Put some speakers in your windows, put on Cyndi Lauper "Girls just want to have fun" or some other annoying song, and blast it as loud as it goes and go to work for the day. Do this day in and out and see if anything changes.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,693 times
My previous neighbor would blast metal nonstop and his dogs were always barking. You can't pick your neighbors and I didn't want to start any problems so I grinned and beared it.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,851,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
All music is annoying when it's not yours and out of your control and played repetitively for days.

The CIA uses that as a torture technique. Oh, I mean "enhanced interrogation."

Old 06-01-2016, 07:44 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Starting to think as an engineer,,,if you had the same exact music playing in sync and pointing back at him the 2 would cancel each other out,,,

Old 06-01-2016, 10:57 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
you know, it's hard to talk to someone about this sort of thing. i've come to assume people just have a basic understanding of common courtesy for their neighbors and for the fact that he is playing music all day every day says something. basically, i don't need to find out something i already know. asking him to turn it off will most certainly p*ss him off. i'vd decided to use the law and have my public officials hired by my tax money deal with it.

i will look up the town ordinances.
Sorry you are going through this.

I agree. People doing that have no regard for others. They can't seem to appreciate that what they are doing is bothering others. Even if someone were listening to the exact music you wish at hear at a right time, from a distance it doesn't sound good, it sounds like noise especially the bass. Bass has low frequencies and those sounds really carry even if the music is at a low volume.

You have to wonder why someone like that can't walk around with bluetooth ear buds and spare the rest of us the noise, but they simply don't care and won't change their behavior unless forced to do so.

First thing is to study the owner ordinances in detail. Then walk around outside and see if the sound might be heard by anyone else. Then talk to your neighbors about helping you out to complain about it too. Because if once people get home from work, or when they walk up in the morning you all call the police together to complain each time, it will be taken seriously eventually by the police.

If when you talk to a neighbor and he/she says "Yes, I can hear it, but it doesn't bother me." Tell them, to please join in offering your help because you need their input to solve this problem for you.

Yes, it would be nice to do all this anonymously, but at some point you need to go on record about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: