Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:58 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times

Advertisements

Overall, I haven't seen very many lawn signs. However, what has mystified me is that most of the "Bernie" signs I have seen were on the lawns of fairly large, clearly expensive homes. Perhaps the young kids of the affluent homeowners were responsible for the placement of those signs.

I have seen a few "Trump" lawn signs here and there, but not many signs supporting Hillary. However, on my drive through Hunterdon County a few days ago, I saw more "Hillary" signs there than I have seen in Somerset, Mercer, and Middlesex Counties put together.

I was driving in back of a Honda Element on Friday that was festooned with Trump stickers. The driver signaled for a left turn and began to drift to the left, and so I moved slightly to the right in order to prepare to pass her. It's a good thing that I held back because she actually made a right turn while her left directional signal was blinking. Could her confusion regarding which way to turn, and how to signal that turn, be a parable regarding her chosen candidate?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 08:54 AM

625 posts, read 796,919 times
In the Ironbound section of Newark, all I see is Bernie signs posted up likely from campaign volunteers. No Hillary or Trump. I wanted to put a huge Trump sign on my house but my wife would kill me. I can tell you that I know of 8-10 Obama voters that will be voting Trump come November. Obama only beat Romney by 300,000 votes. That's 150,000 Obama voters going for trump can give him NJ's electoral votes. I think NJ is one of the blue states that has a chance to go red.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I know it's not you but there is a problem with this logic and people thinking it's okay to deface signs or attack peaceful supporters of any candidate just trying to walk into an event.
why do you suppose they feel that way? do you think one group is more likely to attack another group or deface another group's property?

Old 06-05-2016, 11:58 AM

696 posts, read 906,378 times
60/40/0 Trump/Bernie/Hillary in Morris County. Hillary will likely win the NJ primary as her supporters are the sort who will turn out to vote on 6/7 but not put up lawn signs or troll folks on the boards. There is A LOT of Christie fatigue here as well; should make for an interesting gubernatorial race next year.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:50 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why do you suppose they feel that way? do you think one group is more likely to attack another group or deface another group's property?
I'm sure at some point those on all sides have done it but it does seem at the moment that Trump supporters are most often attacked.

Why do they feel they can attack those with differing opinions? Entitlement. Being intolerant. I don't know, I guess each person has their own pathetic excuse.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
I'm sure at some point those on all sides have done it but it does seem at the moment that Trump supporters are most often attacked.

Why do they feel they can attack those with differing opinions? Entitlement. Being intolerant. I don't know, I guess each person has their own pathetic excuse.
People who have insecurities often resort to violence because if you're a minority you fear the organized anti-immigration movement the most. It's the very reason some minorities struggle in this country they feel that whites are to be blamed for leaving them disenfranchised and forced to take on cheap labor and now threatened by Trump.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:24 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:

i think they assign a certain amount of "righteousness" to their beliefs and a certain amount of "evil" to opposition views. so they are more accepting of abuse towards their opposition. that's how it seems to me.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:32 PM

175 posts, read 223,082 times
Quote:

Pretty amusing to hear Trump supporters whine about "entitlement" and "intolerance". Give me a break....

Old 06-06-2016, 12:36 PM

175 posts, read 223,082 times
Quote:
People need to learn a few things. One is self-control.
I agree. Trump being front and foremost among them.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:42 PM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
60/40/0 Trump/Bernie/Hillary in Morris County. Hillary will likely win the NJ primary as her supporters are the sort who will turn out to vote on 6/7 but not put up lawn signs or troll folks on the boards. There is A LOT of Christie fatigue here as well; should make for an interesting gubernatorial race next year.
There are really a lot of Trump signs in Morris County for a guy who has already won the primary. I really think NJ might be in play for Trump, there really isn't much love for Hillary around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey