Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 07:26 PM

465 posts, read 607,337 times

Advertisements

I totally disagree with Governor Christie's proposed legislation to give equal aid per student to all school districts. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

It is simply not fair to dole out the same amount of aid to all students equally. How could we morally approve giving out aid of $6599 for every single student. It boils down to fundamental fairness. We have to keep discriminating against school districts with high performing caucasian and asian children. Those kids' parents have some nerve doing things like "holding steady jobs" and encouraging "hard work". And those kids' mothers - they actually make sure not to ingest drugs while pregnant! I say keep discriminating!

The media is not paying enough attention to all those illegal immigrants in the Abbott districts! I am simply not satisfied paying for the education of illegal immigrants who do not pay taxes. I want them to get 1412% more funds for their childrens' education than mine! Now that's satisfaction.

I want to reward the fine performance of those urban schools ranked way way down at the bottom. We should increase the aid they get. Let's shoot for 3000% more than my suburban district! If we do, their rankings will go down even more.

And another thing - I am really uncomfortable with the governor proposing legislation and these Republican state senators and assemblymen supporting this law. Everyone knows that judges are given the power to write laws in NJ - didn't we learn that in high school civics? Judges are entrusted with the ability to write laws taking suburban money and giving it to corrupt urban school administrators who make more money than the governor. Only judges get to write the school funding formula laws!

I just hope the judges write some more laws to order the suburbs to give more free housing to lazy bums on disability. I really want more criminals and pit bulls in my beautiful town.

If only more MBAs went into politics....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,151 times
Why don't we go after the business that hire illegal aliens????? If there were NO jobs they'd have less incentive to come here. Of course then you'd have to pay more for your meals in restaurants and lawn care.........

Old 06-22-2016, 09:13 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Why don't we go after the business that hire illegal aliens????? If there were NO jobs they'd have less incentive to come here. Of course then you'd have to pay more for your meals in restaurants and lawn care.........
And more taxes because government gives them money for food, medical, education, etc. Some people do not realize this.

I don't live in NJ but the idea of giving the same amount of money per child is a good one. Our schools are being dumbed down because the money is being given where it does no good. Students who go to school to learn are being cheated.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:13 AM

124 posts, read 170,864 times
At first Christie's proposal sounds a bit unfair. The low performing districts need more money to operate because the kids don't usually get as much support at home. However, the per pupil amounts are extreme. In some cases 21k (Newark) vs a couple of hundred dollars. I wouldn't mind if the low performing School districts were paying up to 50% more but 1000%+ is totally ridiculous. The large administration costs are a huge problem and should be looked at. Also, at 21k per student immigration is also the culprit.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:21 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,991,011 times
History repeats itself. The illegals are causing financial hardships here to working legal NJ families. They will be removed when Trump becomes President just like The Mexican Repatriation did in the 1930's under both President Hoover and FDR. The US removed every single of the 6 million illegals including the ones who were born here.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:59 AM

4,028 posts, read 3,637,829 times
https://newrepublic.com/article/1227...e-they-fund-it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: