Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 06:34 AM

7 posts, read 12,419 times

Advertisements

I looked at the Brookdale Gardens in Bloomfield - the apartment complex itself looked decent enough. I couldn't get a look inside the apartment as the leasing office was closed for the day.

I decided to read up online and found a lot of mixed reviews. There was a thread posed here long time ago (4 years?) which also had some mixed reviews.
Brookdale Garden Apts in Bloomfield, NJ

What do you guys think of these apartments? Anyone who currently lives there/has lived there recently who could throw some light?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 07:40 AM

40 posts, read 140,215 times
I moved out of there 2 years ago, lived there for 3-4 years. The location is great, very convenient and in a nice part of town. The other tenants in my building were all nice people. All of us got along very well and looked out for each other.

Other buildings are hit and miss, had friends in other buildings that had nothing but issues with other tenants. Mostly noise and lack of cleanliness. Parking was a royal nightmare and it only got worse as time went by. As we were moving out, they were starting to initiate parking passes for tenants. There were days were I had to park 2-3 blocks away on broad street if I got home anytime later than 8pm.

My 2 bedroom apt had multiple leaks from the roof, it took months upon months to get them repaired. Usually they had to redo their repair work more than once because it was typically sub par. The in house super was readily available for little issues and was a nice guy. I never needed him though, I am a mechanic by trade and it was just easier to fix certain things myself. The major work was handled by a company that was off premise. Some tasks took weeks just for them to even show up and look at the issue. I never had an issue with no heat or water not working or being filthy. I will say that. Most of the building there need work. They did plenty of cosmetic work while I was there but deep down the core of the buildings all needed repairs.

I remember in old reviews that everyone complained about the property manager Andrew. I never had an issue with him, actually he always took care of my concerns to the best of his ability. He was let go from his position right around the time I was moving out of there. I am not sure how his replacement is. I would hope that in the two years that I have been away from there that they fixed some of the issues. I have the strong feeling that they didn't though.

Oh and I received my full security deposit back within a month of turning in my keys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: