Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 06:49 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,082,870 times

Advertisements

Why do you have to get there right when they open? I went to Wayne last week right after lunch. It was busy, but no line out the door and plenty of seats inside. Took about an hour for a new photo and license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 06:52 AM

414 posts, read 356,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowey View Post
Things have changed recently. Some of you are talking about a few years ago. When I went both 4 years ago and 8 years ago to Wallington, the place was empty, I was there no longer than 30 minutes and most of that was waiting around after they already took my application.
I was wondering if for some reason the DMV had gotten worse which was why I mentioned my last visit was three years ago. Given how much worse airport security lines have become, no surprise that the DMV has gotten worse (even though the two aren't related in any way except that everyone loves to hate the DMV and TSA). I recently waited on a 1+ hour long Customs line in Newark on my way back from Canada - it was maddening.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:47 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,123,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I had to smile when I saw this thread. My late wife lived most of her life in Westwood. She moved to Wyoming "because someone told me there was a handsome cowboy behind every tree." Apparently she wasn't aware there are few trees in most parts of Wyoming. Anyway, she came home from getting her first Wyoming driver's license blabbering about no line. She couldn't believe that she could park in front of the building, walk up to the counter and be licensed in 10 minutes. She was expecting a day-long event.

I just had to respond.

Or, you could move to Wyoming. However, our little community has grown in recent years, and I had to take a number the last time I renewed. I think there were two ahead of me.

Are you a handsome cowboy?

Old 08-31-2016, 08:01 AM

19,037 posts, read 25,112,413 times
A couple of months ago, a friend of mine was filled with anxiety about the prospect of having to go to any of the MVC offices in Hudson County (note: The DMV has been called the Motor Vehicle Commission for several years...), so I took pity on him and offered to take him to my favorite MVC office, where there is never a waiting line. He was skeptical that such a thing exists in NJ, but he took me up on my offer.

His skepticism turned to belief as soon as we arrived and found...
...no waiting line
...extremely courteous employees
...a fast and efficient process for license renewal

Within ~15 minutes, we were on our way to lunch, and my friend had become a believer that it is possible to take care of business at a NJ MVC facility without having to endure either waiting lines or employees with a negative attitude.

What's that?
You want to know the location of my favorite MVC facility?
I'm sorry, but if I revealed that information, then there might be a waiting line the next time that I have to go there.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:24 AM

Someone told me the Oakland office is really good. Probably because it's so far north and not convenient for most people.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:12 AM

5,767 posts, read 16,497,627 times
I've been to some lesser crowded ones like Manahawkin if I was driving around for work. many possibilities. I've also been to Eatontown and got things done within a half hour or less.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:19 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,134,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Are you a handsome cowboy?
Nope on both on both counts. She had to settle.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM

29 posts, read 27,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
A couple of months ago, a friend of mine was filled with anxiety about the prospect of having to go to any of the MVC offices in Hudson County (note: The DMV has been called the Motor Vehicle Commission for several years...), so I took pity on him and offered to take him to my favorite MVC office, where there is never a waiting line. He was skeptical that such a thing exists in NJ, but he took me up on my offer.

His skepticism turned to belief as soon as we arrived and found...
...no waiting line
...extremely courteous employees
...a fast and efficient process for license renewal

Within ~15 minutes, we were on our way to lunch, and my friend had become a believer that it is possible to take care of business at a NJ MVC facility without having to endure either waiting lines or employees with a negative attitude.

What's that?
You want to know the location of my favorite MVC facility?
I'm sorry, but if I revealed that information, then there might be a waiting line the next time that I have to go there.
This is a rather long post. You made it for the sole reason of taunting us as you describe how you can help, but refuse to?

Old 08-31-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowey View Post
This is a rather long post. You made it for the sole reason of taunting us as you describe how you can help, but refuse to?
It doesn't matter. Everyone's experience at the DMV is purely anecdotal. There are far too many variables that could affect the lines at any location on any given day.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM

19,037 posts, read 25,112,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
It doesn't matter. Everyone's experience at the DMV is purely anecdotal. There are far too many variables that could affect the lines at any location on any given day.

Yes, my experience is--obviously--anecdotal, but I began going there after the service manager at the car dealership recommended it because he claimed there never seems to be a waiting line, and because the employees are very courteous. Over the ensuing 20 years, every one of my visits to that facility has been essentially the same--sans delay, and free of stress--and that is why I have recommended it to friends and co-workers who are willing to do a bit of driving. All of those people have reported the same experiences that I have had--to their amazement.

So, yes, my experiences are anecdotal, but they have also been consistently positive in nature over a couple of decades.
If anyone wants to send me a DM, I will provide the location of this exceptional MVC facility in Central NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey