Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2016, 07:26 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times

Advertisements

There's a homemade Trump sign somewhere in my town (says something like "Vote Trump, save America" with an American flag) and someone posted on one of my town's facebook groups that she gets "some type of anxiety" from seeing the sign every day, as a legal immigrant, and wants it removed.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:50 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Classic Trumpette: ready for a HUGE win, but playing the whiny rigged card at the same time.
An observation based on turnout.

So you trust politicians, especially after the 2 questions on the ballot that were worded to be misleading?

You trust the politicians who claim that voting to ensure dedicated funds, that they previously squandered, will be the solution keep them honest now????

You think the polling place is the only government activity free of fraud?
If so it has to be proof there is a God who performs miracles.

Oh, and how about that rogue IRS office in cincinnatti for which obama apoligized before it wasn;t the rogue office who supressed conservative vote in 2012.

Then harry reid, a dem, claimed mitt didn;t pay tax for 10 years. Later he admitted he lied and did so to sway the election.

How about that Bernie sanders making the claim the system was rigged. What a whiny excuse!

Old 11-08-2016, 08:02 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
There's a homemade Trump sign somewhere in my town (says something like "Vote Trump, save America" with an American flag) and someone posted on one of my town's facebook groups that she gets "some type of anxiety" from seeing the sign every day, as a legal immigrant, and wants it removed.
IMO: She should either stop looking at it or let her go back from where she came from as we here in the USA do still have freedom of speech "I heard".

Old 11-08-2016, 08:28 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
An observation based on turnout.

So you trust politicians, especially after the 2 questions on the ballot that were worded to be misleading?

You trust the politicians who claim that voting to ensure dedicated funds, that they previously squandered, will be the solution keep them honest now????

You think the polling place is the only government activity free of fraud?
If so it has to be proof there is a God who performs miracles.

Oh, and how about that rogue IRS office in cincinnatti for which obama apoligized before it wasn;t the rogue office who supressed conservative vote in 2012.

Then harry reid, a dem, claimed mitt didn;t pay tax for 10 years. Later he admitted he lied and did so to sway the election.

How about that Bernie sanders making the claim the system was rigged. What a whiny excuse!
I trust in the results of the election and will support the winner, regardless of outcome. That's a very simple statement -- can you make it as well?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:38 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
We have about 600 registered voters in my town. I voted around 9:30, and close to 200 had already turned out. That's pretty good. Most elections we get about 75 tops, although I think it is a little higher for presidential. This one is definitely getting a higher turnout. I think they had 101 for the primary.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:05 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
IMO: She should either stop looking at it or let her go back from where she came from as we here in the USA do still have freedom of speech "I heard".
She's triggered, she needs a safe space!

Old 11-08-2016, 09:39 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,898 times
Regardless of who wins, can we at least remove them PROMPTLY after the election?

Old 11-08-2016, 10:09 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Regardless of who wins, can we at least remove them PROMPTLY after the election?
the signs/banners.... or the candidtate?

Old 11-08-2016, 10:21 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
The presence of campaign signs for weeks--or possibly months--after an election is one of my pet peeves. My solution would be to compel the local/county political clubs to post a "clean-up bond" prior to an election, and then they would have a maximum of two weeks (post election) for their volunteers to remove the signs that they erected. After 2 weeks, if there was evidence of remaining signs, the bond would be forfeited in order to pay for clean-up by public employees.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:43 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The presence of campaign signs for weeks--or possibly months--after an election is one of my pet peeves. My solution would be to compel the local/county political clubs to post a "clean-up bond" prior to an election, and then they would have a maximum of two weeks (post election) for their volunteers to remove the signs that they erected. After 2 weeks, if there was evidence of remaining signs, the bond would be forfeited in order to pay for clean-up by public employees.
I will be picking up Trump signs tomorrow morning in NC

If he loses I will use them at the shooting range as target holders.

If he wins, somebody else should pick up those signs. Would advise against shooting at sign of elected president. Especially Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey