Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 05:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Canadian immigration is based on a system of points, awarded in categories including education, work experience, language ability and age. Those with the most points advance to the front of the line.

I don't think that most Hillary supporters would qualify.

There's always Haiti.
I see you've looked into moving to Canada. Was that when Obama was elected? lol You are still here, so apparently you didn't qualify. lol

Old 11-10-2016, 05:34 PM

19,066 posts, read 25,221,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Both Christie and Giuliani were first rate prosecutors before they sought higher office. Either one would make a great Attorney General.

Apparently, you are unaware that Christie had ZERO courtroom experience, prior to buying the office of US Attorney for NJ with his brother's ill-gotten gains on Wall Street. And, once he bought that office from Dubya, he completely relied on his underlings who had actual courtroom experience, hence his pattern of hiring them--almost to the exclusion of all others--for his Gubernatorial administration.

As US Attorney, he was essentially just an office administrator who was given to spectacular public displays that often resulted in...nothing. Just ask the people who had "boxes of evidence" prominently removed from their homes and offices by his investigators, and--only in the aftermath--did it turn out that they marched before the camera with empty boxes, and that a substantial percentage of his cases didn't even result in an indictment. However, all of that...theater...was great for setting up his run for his next gig as the Governor of NJ.

And whether you like Newt or not, the guy is very intelligent. I don't think you will find anyone on either side of the aisle who would dispute that.

Ummm...NO.
See below for a differing opinion, from a noted Conservative source.
One of my favorite commentators is Paul Mulshine, the Star-Ledger's Conservative/Libertarian op-ed columnist. About 5 years ago, he concurred with a characterization of Newt Gingrich as "a stupid man's idea of what an intelligent man sounds like". This, of course, is over and above Gingrich's serial-adulterer semi-private life.

Yes, this commentary goes back several years, but it is still relevant to the ethical/pseudo-intellectual swamp that is exemplified by Newt Gingrich:
Gingrich isn't a historian; he's history | NJ.com

Old 11-10-2016, 05:44 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,579,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Both Christie and Giuliani were first rate prosecutors before they sought higher office. Either one would make a great Attorney General.

One is one the early end of Alzheimers and the other just threw all his "associates " under the bus on "Bridge Gate".

Old 11-10-2016, 05:45 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,579,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I see you've looked into moving to Canada. Was that when Obama was elected? lol You are still here, so apparently you didn't qualify. lol

I did when Bush stole his second term.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,176,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Good thing that I have a sense of humor and have a lifetime of NJ thick skin otherwise not me but many others would've taken that personally.

Yes I was disappointed in Obama being elected x 2, but I never thought of relocating out of the USA because of him.

EIGHT plus long years of Obama BS for me is going to come to an end (thank GOD!) and me giving the current administration and its "D" POTUS candidate "the flipping of the bird" and voting for DONALD J. TRUMP FELT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Old 11-10-2016, 06:14 PM

4,096 posts, read 4,131,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I did when Bush stole his second term.
You should leave now. No one is stopping you. Don't just talk, take action. Bring your friends and many of the celebrities who pledged to leave with you. You can bring your liberal ideas there and stay tell the Canadians how to live their life. I am sure they will love them.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
You should leave now. No one is stopping you. Don't just talk, take action. Bring your friends and many of the celebrities who pledged to leave with you. You can bring your liberal ideas there and stay tell the Canadians how to live their life. I am sure they will love them.
After that they'll tell him/her to relocate to the North Pole. lol!

Old 11-10-2016, 07:08 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,961,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Except that's what is being reported...I know it's MSM so it doesn't count, but it's not like I'm making this up....

Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Reince Priebus Top Potential Trump Cabinet List | Politics | US News

Thanks for the link which clearly uses the words RUMORS and RUMORED. Passing along rumors is not reporting.

There will be plenty of time to bash Trump for actual actions.

For just a moment, couldn't we follow the advice of Obama and Clinton and give the man a chance?

Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Thanks for the link which clearly uses the words RUMORS and RUMORED. Passing along rumors is not reporting.

There will be plenty of time to bash Trump for actual actions.

For just a moment, couldn't we follow the advice of Obama and Clinton and give the man a chance?
As a Trump voter I know that I will NOT agree with everything he does as POTUS same as with any past POTUS.

No POTUS is perfect and will be able to satisfy some, most or everyone all of the time - that's just life.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:18 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The horror. I cannot stand Rudy Giuliani. Never could.
My son was laughing at him the other day. Aye, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.