Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 01:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
We enjoyed the popcorn while watching that $hit show last night. We, as americans deserve whoever we get because we picked them.
i didnt. so i shouldnt be required to pay taxes, obtain US government required licenses or follow the laws and regulations of the government.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:02 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,865,524 times
Just because your person lost in previous elections doesn't mean you have no responsibilities. It means you have more of them the next time around to make sure your voice is heard.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
Just because your person lost in previous elections doesn't mean you have no responsibilities. It means you have more of them the next time around to make sure your voice is heard.

i dont agree with that logic. you shouldnt be governed by an organization without your consent. if you didnt vote for the government, you arent giving your consent. there does not have to be the requirement that you are stuck dealing with a specific government just because you were born in a certain geographic location (and wish to remain). government doesnt need to own land or control those within certain borders.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:05 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont agree with that logic. you shouldnt be governed by an organization without your consent. if you didnt vote for the government, you arent giving your consent. there does not have to be the requirement that you are stuck dealing with a specific government just because you were born in a certain geographic location (and wish to remain). government doesnt need to own land or control those within certain borders.

Sorry but this makes no sense at all.Can you expand?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Sorry but this makes no sense at all.Can you expand?
there is no need for a federal government or obligate people to participate in it or be bound by its laws just because they were born somewhere.

im not advocating moving from tyranny to anarchy but i do want us to start looking at how big government has become and how little we need it. i dont want to use drug laws all the time but its very simple and easy for everyone. why should government tell you what you can and cant consume? you are an adult who can make his own choices with his own life. why do we accept government making these decisions for us (and kidnapping us and robbing us of our freedom if we dont make the "right" choice)?

Old 09-28-2016, 07:38 AM

Oh boy. I'm leaving before this gets weirder.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:26 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,382,343 times
Quote:
Use the ignore list to your advantage. No more reading crackpot posts.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:35 AM

789 posts, read 702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Use the ignore list to your advantage. No more reading crackpot posts.
Must. Set. Up. Echo. Chamber.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
its funny, even religious people get less offended when i speak negatively about their religious beliefs than regular folk get when i say that we dont need government. statism is just another religion. do you realize that if the government took over all food production and distribution eventually people would believe that private industry couldnt feed 300+ million people and only government can do it? we can build our own roads too.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:56 AM

When people build their own roads, who is going to ensure they're maintained? Your neighbors are going to go out and inspect the bridges? They're going to go get trained and, since there's no government, make up their own rules about what the bridge can structurally hold?

And then, when it's determined that the bridge won't hold, say, 2000 pounds, are all your neighbors going to pony up? What if their car is only 1000 pounds? Are all roads going to be toll roads? Because if I live next to the bridge but always go the other way I don't use it and shouldn't have to pay. And what happens when I don't pay? Are all the people who use the bridge going to come picket my house? Because they certainly don't have a right to be on my property nor is there a police department to enforce that I owe anything because I own a gun and I don't believe in the private security firm that my neighbors have hired.

Governments enforce civilization. Civilization is what gives us fire departments, roads, libraries, clean water, local hospitals, public schools. And these are good things, because they mean when one house catches on fire I don't have to form a bucket brigade to make sure my house catches on fire (too bad that I was out of town that week!). It means that my neighbor kids don't grow up without an education and can find a job and not be a drain on welfare because their parents worked and couldn't afford the best private tutors.

You don't have to believe in civilization, you don't have to vote for civilization, but there are a lot of people that like that the law of the guy with the biggest gun doesn't make all the rules any more. Because there's always another guy with a bigger gun. Somalia doesn't have any government, that's where that sort of thing leads. Just because you're a government "atheist" doesn't mean that you can be exempt from paying into the food pantry system that the local "church" distributes to help out society.

It's the same logic for those that say "I don't have kids so I shouldn't pay for schools." Well, who paid for your education when you were a kid? The town. Now that you're out to hell with everyone else behind you? You got yours for free, everyone else has to pay?

Please feel free to go live upstate in New York or New Hampshire, I've seen the co-ops that people create up there, with their dirt roads that wash out and can't get plowed in the winter time. I have a colleague who sometimes doesn't make it into work as a result, it sounds super fun. The local hospital is 30 minutes away and should one of their neighbors have a heart attack in the winter they are basically going to be dead before the ambulance can make it to the end of the road while the neighbors create a litter to drag them down half a mile in the snow to it. Sounds super fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey