Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 01:23 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Blah, blah, blah. Heard it all before.
You've heard it all before but just don't want to accept the facts? Ok, then.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:24 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Keep telling yourself whatever you need to feel superior and vindicated.

I know that there would have been people just like you saying eerily similar things is the results were reversed.
The fact that Clinton won the popular vote is vindication enough and was the choice of the people which by the way no one disputes,even Donald trump.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:38 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The fact that Clinton won the popular vote is vindication enough and was the choice of the people which by the way no one disputes,even Donald trump.
Ha! Winning the popular vote plus two bucks will get her (or even you) a frappuccino at Starbucks.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:14 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Peggy Noonan had a calm and insightful view:

https://www.google.com/search?q=What...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 11-18-2016, 02:51 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You've heard it all before but just don't want to accept the facts? Ok, then.
If you read my post, you would know that I haven't disputed anything that might be a fact in your post. The only thing I disputed in your post was its relevancy to mine.

It doesn't matter how we ended up with all the cards. The only thing that matters is that we had them, and we freely gave them away.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:59 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
If we had a real popular vote system we have no way of knowing who would win based just on the electoral college popular vote. This is why that popular vote doesn't matter, because it's not our system and it's not designed to matter.

You know how many Republican voters stay home in CA, NY, even NJ knowing these states are Democratic strongholds? Likewise with Democratic voters in stronghold Republican states. Voting for president in NJ doesn't matter at all because we're so damn blue, it would take an act of God to change that. Voters in states that aren't swing states probably often stay home if they vote the opposite color as their state because they know their votes won't swing it and basically won't matter. Why do you think candidates essentially only care about the swing states? Clinton for example wouldn't campaign in NJ in October 2016 when she could be in Michigan, knowing she'll win NJ but Michigan is a swing state that could go either way.

In a true popular vote system, where the color your state is doesn't matter, this would change and we would likely see different numbers and in reality it's not possible to say who would have won in a truly democratic system rather than our republic system.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
If you read my post, you would know that I haven't disputed anything that might be a fact in your post. The only thing I disputed in your post was its relevancy to mine.

It doesn't matter how we ended up with all the cards. The only thing that matters is that we had them, and we freely gave them away.
When are people going to learn that societies, civilizations, populations of people are not static but constantly evolving? At some point in time, Europe would have recovered, without our help, and we would be right where we are now. Unless, of course, you would have been in favor of the US running rough-shod and oppressing peoples throughout the world after WWII. My post is very relevant to yours.

Unfortunately for the US, we just took a step toward barbarism and third world status by electing a shallow, money-grubbing con man to be president.

Breaking News!: The president-elect decided to settle the fraud lawsuit brought against him. That's a headline! How is it possible that a person like that will be president? How could we have fallen so far, from a man with class like Obama to a quasi-Neanderthal like trump?

Old 11-18-2016, 03:50 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
[quote=Fox Terrier;46240426]When are people going to learn that societies, civilizations, populations of people are not static but constantly evolving? At some point in time, Europe would have recovered, without our help, and we would be right where we are now. Unless, of course, you would have been in favor of the US running rough-shod and oppressing peoples throughout the world after WWII. My post is very relevant to yours.

Unfortunately for the US, we just took a step toward barbarism and third world status by electing a shallow, money-grubbing con man to be president.

Breaking News!: The president-elect decided to settle the fraud lawsuit brought against him. That's a headline! How is it possible that a person like that will be president? How could we have fallen so far, from a man with class like Obama to a quasi-Neanderthal like trump?[/
QUOTE]

The Republican voters knew Trump was as bad as we saw and heard from him but they didn't care.
They know he's not a Boy Scout.

They just have more Sympathy for the Devil.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:07 PM

200 posts, read 155,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The Republicans pushed NAFTA, dopey Bill Clinton signed it to show he would like to get along with the Republicans. Republicans don't want biparternship so now we are all stuck with NAFTA and the overpriced cheap crap they bring in from Asia, South America.

The working class people were screwed by both the Republicans and Democrats.

Time will tell of Trumps Republicans can bring back the jobs that both parties shipped overseas.

The managers of the country will determine if that ever happens.
It's already happening. Ford plant to stay in KY, Apple might even manufacture in US again

Quote:
Breaking News!: The president-elect decided to settle the fraud lawsuit brought against him
Quote:
. That's a headline! How is it possible that a person like that will be president? How could we have fallen so far, from a man with class like Obama to a quasi-Neanderthal like trump?[/
Settling a bogus lawsuit instead of letting it distract from the presidency is a good thing, bozo

Old 11-18-2016, 04:19 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Breaking News!: The president-elect decided to settle the fraud lawsuit brought against him. That's a headline!
That settlement pertains only to the case in The State of NY. He is also the subject of a fraud case that has yet to be adjudicated in California, and--IIRC--there may be one in another state, as well. In any event, people who are innocent of all charges always agree to multi-million dollar settlements with their accusers. Don't they?

Trump to pay $25M to settle fraud lawsuits over Trump University | NJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey