Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 01:24 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
There's also the fact that Obama has deported more immigrants than any other U.S. President. Yet Trump's worshippers believe he is the only person who's ever expressed a willingness to do something about illegal immigration.

http://thetrumpreport.com/wp-content...ations2013.png

Apparently, he's also the first person to realize that the U.S. has lost a lot of manufacturing jobs to third world countries and automation. Nobody else has been able to get those jobs back because they are either too corrupt or too stupid or both.
its unfortunate that people actually believe that lie. obama has not deported more illegals than any other president. he just counts certain removals that other presidents didnt count.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Old 11-23-2016, 01:38 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
I also don't understand how so many Trump supporters can be against TPP when hardly anybody (including Congress, even though they have the text of the bill) knows what's in it. Instead of starting at a college library with a textbook on international trade, and then perhaps graduating to foreign policy journals, they will instead learn everything they need to know about trade from conservativetreehouse, Breitbart, Fox News, and perhaps a few bullet points from a Heritage Foundation webpage. After consulting all of those sources, they are ready to render expert opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of the Generalized System of Preferences, countervailing duties, interest rate parity, Shining Path, settlements in the West Bank, currency pegging, etc.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I also don't understand how so many Trump supporters can be against TPP when hardly anybody (including Congress, even though they have the text of the bill) knows what's in it.
that is enough for me, dont you think it should be enough for you also? they forced it on the American people and made sure that the American people didnt have the ability to know what is in it. that makes me very very strongly against it and i would think it should for anyone that believes in an open and transparent government.

you think they hide information from us because it is good for us?

Old 11-23-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its unfortunate that people actually believe that lie. obama has not deported more illegals than any other president. he just counts certain removals that other presidents didnt count.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times
Quote:
Dobbs said the federal government "manipulated deportation data to make it appear that the Border Patrol was deporting more illegal immigrants than the Bush administration."

Deportations or "removals" under Obama are tracking higher than during the Bush years using the most literal deportation statistics, as well as those solely from ICE. Dobbs’ contention that the Obama administration is inflating its number is an interpretation of a change in federal policy to process and remove people trying to enter the country illegally rather than just turn them around. Whether you agree with the policy, those formal removals are occurring.

That strategy is rooted in previous administrations but was accelerated by Obama so that people trying to cross the border illegally face more significant consequences and receive formal deportation orders.

We rate the claim False.
Lou Dobbs: Obama administration 'manipulated deportation data' | PunditFact

Old 11-23-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
that is enough for me, dont you think it should be enough for you also? they forced it on the American people and made sure that the American people didnt have the ability to know what is in it. that makes me very very strongly against it and i would think it should for anyone that believes in an open and transparent government.

you think they hide information from us because it is good for us?
No, that's not my thought process. The first question I ask myself is "Is there a legitimate policy rationale for keeping something under seal?" I don't immediately think "I can't see it, so it must be bad" since a lot of what is bad for us is actually hidden in plain sight.

My (very) limited knowledge and understanding of TPP is that its value/costs reside more in our ability to blunt China's growing economic influence.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:55 PM

did you read that politifact article? i just did and even though the biased source claimed what he said isnt true, the content of the article proves what he said is true. just look at the chart with the blue and red lines for returns vs removals. the removals are up during the obama admin (blue line) but the returns are down drastically (red line).

their ruling is an obvious distortion which i suppose is using word games in the mind of the author. politifact is an incredibly biased source that cant be trusted. i intentionally used an LA Times article to avoid being accused of using a conservative biased source.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
No, that's not my thought process. The first question I ask myself is "Is there a legitimate policy rationale for keeping something under seal?" I don't immediately think "I can't see it, so it must be bad" since a lot of what is bad for us is actually hidden in plain sight.

My (very) limited knowledge and understanding of TPP is that its value/costs reside more in our ability to blunt China's growing economic influence.
i have a feeling that if TPP was introduced by GWB, you would have opposed it. i would have opposed it no matter the administration at least until i got to read it.

government keeps secrets to protect them not us.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
i have a feeling that if TPP was introduced by GWB, you would have opposed it. i would have opposed it no matter the administration at least until i got to read it.
I wouldn't oppose something simply on the basis of not knowing what's in it. Foreign policy is generally less transparent than domestic policy. We could argue about the merits of that, but I'm not inclined to slam a Republican administration over a certain opaqueness in its diplomacy because the reality is that diplomacy has always been opaque to a large degree.

Quote:
government keeps secrets to protect them not us.
Right. I'm sure the public doesn't see the President's daily intelligence briefings because those briefings contain information that only protects them, not us.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Right. I'm sure the public doesn't see the President's daily intelligence briefings because those briefings contain information that only protects them, not us.
glad we can agree on something. could you imagine how pissed people would be at our government if they got a daily tally of how many people our government has murdered overseas or got a tally of how many billions of dollars the government is wasting while accomplishing nothing good for the american people? they may actually demand a decent government that is accountable to its citizens.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:15 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
There's also the fact that Obama has deported more immigrants than any other U.S. President. Yet Trump's worshippers believe he is the only person who's ever expressed a willingness to do something about illegal immigration.

http://thetrumpreport.com/wp-content...ations2013.png

Apparently, he's also the first person to realize that the U.S. has lost a lot of manufacturing jobs to third world countries and automation. Nobody else has been able to get those jobs back because they are either too corrupt or too stupid or both.
Seriously!!???

Creative accounting and redefining words can create a problem or make it go away.

Obama a wordsmithing lawyer goes nowhere without his thesaurus and academic theory creative accounting book. A media uninterested in examining those stats is a great help to ensure public palatability.

Statistics aside,
Explain how an illegal alien can be convicted of felony here, deported back to the mexican government and return to the US.

Okay the US agents take him to the border and hand him over to Mexican government.

what exactly does the mexican government do that these felons keep returning to the US.

It sure appears the mexican government is active in sending its murders, drug dealers and gang members to the US. Huh, where Have we heard that before????
Apparently that statement is not a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey