Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 01:01 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

"Generally speaking, Democrats tend to care about policy a lot more. There's a much greater focus on problem-solving and they see structural/systemic gaps and inefficiencies as the root cause of those problems."

Exactly why that party never accomplishes anything, they live in a world of academic theory and creative statistical projection to forward their political agenda.

The death rate in newark, detroit, chicago is the result of putting their heads together and solving that problem.

Then dems approved a 2,000 plus page of sweeping legislation they neither read nor understood. Problem solved!

Relabel a problem so it goes away is another strategy. Ft hood was workplace violence.

Dem supporters and the media didn't revolt or get insulted when told, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it".

Dems never made a whimper when told 'you can keep your doctor PERIOD! and it wasn't true.

Dems keep advocating stronger gun laws which have no impact on the murder rate in our inner cities. We are told by the prez that cities and states with the strictest gun laws are the safest. Maine must be covered in blood and Chicago a virtual sanctuary.

Dems answer to newark's rep as carjacking capital and skyrocketing murder rate is a Whole Foods store.

Yes, the world is more tranquil place, we are told, because of this admin's foreign policies.

Having addressed root causes of problems, everything must be a wonderland in the world of fear mongering dems.

The 80s theory of its everyone's elses fault and not yours, lives on as dems blame everyone for their problems. The more obama cries foul and blames people for the dems historic loss, it make him and his followers appear as pathetic figures stumbling around in their bewilderment and confusion. Their ability to predict the future solidly shaken as they create a future of fear and loathing based on character assassination and distorted interpreation of sentences, words punctuation and inflection, all endorsed by a media turned government propaganda machine.

Hey how is the Federal investigation of Menendez, the Trial lawyers assoc golden boy?

Old 12-27-2016, 01:04 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
^^Riiiiiiiight.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:09 PM

I can't say I've ever seen a genuine policy discussion on any "conservative" forum. The National Review may be the closest thing, but the NR is firmly anti-Trump, and hardly represents mainstream "conservatism" today.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:12 PM

200 posts, read 155,606 times
Quote:
You sound like your hero Trump (Sad!)

I don't know where you get the idea I'd rather have people be poor to keep my ideology intact???

The son of and immigrant from Afghanistan committed the shooting, not his parents, but we should ban all Muslims from immigrating?
The same could be said about radical Christians, maybe we should put "fundamentalist" Christians on a watch list, since they are the ones that attack planned parenthood clinics or bomb Olympic events.

Other Presidents were MUCH worse than Obama, as I said the economy is much better than it was when he took office. That right there makes him better than Bush and Obama did that with an obstructionist Congress. As far as worst Presidents, I think Hoover takes that award.

The riots you mentioned above were nothing compared to the riots of the 60's. Ding! Ding! Ding! You're probably too young to remember them.

That's why Trump's "Make America Great Again" sounds so nice, the only reference his followers have are American Graffiti, and Happy Days.
They don't remember real race riots, anti-war protests, Jim Crow laws, redlining, (although it keeps going on, only more subtly). Let me clue you into something, America wasn't that great then either. A lot of what's happening in the middle east today is a DIRECT result of policies brought on by the CIA, etc. protecting "American interests".

Study a little history before you start spewing off BS!
Good, maybe I'll end up a billionaire instead of a nasty marxist golfer and the worst president in US history that is Obama.

Of course we should ban all of them. All you have to do is look at Paris, Berlin, Malmo, West Europe in general. It's simple math, if you bring in a million "refugees" and 40% of them support terrorism and 10% try and be terrorists...innocent people get attacked. It's proportional, no matter how many you bring in, a large % will always be bad.

And then you pivot to blame "fundamentalists" which is a non threat since Christianity doesn't call for violence unlike...you know what.

Obama's job was to FIX the economy not BLAME Dubya. He FAILED. He exacerbated WARS. HE SUCKS. Period!

Race riots? we have that now. Redlining? so you think it's good to loan to people who will never pay it back? And we were great a long time ago before the Bush-Clinton-Obama globalist axis took over.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanJ View Post
Good, maybe I'll end up a billionaire instead of a nasty marxist golfer and the worst president in US history that is Obama.

Of course we should ban all of them. All you have to do is look at Paris, Berlin, Malmo, West Europe in general. It's simple math, if you bring in a million "refugees" and 40% of them support terrorism and 10% try and be terrorists...innocent people get attacked. It's proportional, no matter how many you bring in, a large % will always be bad.

And then you pivot to blame "fundamentalists" which is a non threat since Christianity doesn't call for violence unlike...you know what.

Obama's job was to FIX the economy not BLAME Dubya. He FAILED. He exacerbated WARS. HE SUCKS. Period!

Race riots? we have that now. Redlining? so you think it's good to loan to people who will never pay it back? And we were great a long time ago before the Bush-Clinton-Obama globalist axis took over.
Great! Now we get to do the Trump experiment and discover whether the following are truly beneficial for Americans:

-Privatization of social security and medicare
-Vast reduction of medicaid
-Regressive tax policy
-Repeal of Dodd-Frank
-War against Iran

Old 12-27-2016, 02:46 PM

200 posts, read 155,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Great! Now we get to do the Trump experiment and discover whether the following are truly beneficial for Americans:

-Regressive tax policy
-Repeal of Dodd-Frank
-War against Iran
War against Iran? haha is that what NYtimes and assorted garbage are peddling now. (Don't forget about how Killary would be agitating for war with Russia)

Most of those things are good anyway.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:34 PM

789 posts, read 702,837 times
Quote:

-Regressive tax policy
-Repeal of Dodd-Frank
-War against Iran
Social Security is the biggest government run ponzi scheme in US history. I wish I had the time to explain how utterly backward it is on this forum but it would take too long. Just know that if you replaced it with simply earmarking people's OWN money for themselves instead of the ponzi it would be infinitely better. Think of just one example, if you save your whole life and retire at 67, you begin to get monthly checks. If you die at 68 years old, too bad you lose, your children lose, your grandkids lose. It is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the public and all because it is a political third rail bc, apparently people like you think it is somehow "safe" controlled by bureaucrats who raid it every chance they get. On this point however, Trump is not looking to make radical changes, bc he knows it is politically not palatable.

Medicaid, see above. Waste in government bureaucracy but mindless sheeple think gov. "protects" it.

Tax policy is extremely progressive to the point where the top 10% of wage earners pay over 84% of federal taxes.

Dodd Frank is a disaster that needs repeal immediately if not sooner. Bad regulations that create giant banks and make it impossible for small/mid size banks to compete.

No war against Iran. But not appeasing either.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
Social Security is the biggest government run ponzi scheme in US history. I wish I had the time to explain how utterly backward it is on this forum but it would take too long.
Uh huh. So many posters on here are such enlightened policy experts, but they decline to display their startling command of policy detail because "it would take too long."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
Dodd Frank is a disaster that needs repeal immediately if not sooner. Bad regulations that create giant banks and make it impossible for small/mid size banks to compete.
Which specific provisions of Dodd Frank should be repealed? Clawback requirements? Discount window eligibility? ECP restrictions? Again, I'm curious to get your expertise on Dodd-Frank, which I'm sure you've acquired through voracious reading on the subject as well as extensive experience on various desks of large brokerages.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:47 PM

789 posts, read 702,837 times
Quote:
Uh huh. So many posters on here are such enlightened policy experts, but they decline to display their startling command of policy detail because "it would take too long."

Which specific provisions of Dodd Frank should be repealed? Clawback requirements? Discount window eligibility? ECP restrictions? Again, I'm curious to get your expertise on Dodd-Frank, which I'm sure you've acquired through voracious reading on the subject as well as extensive experience on various desks of large brokerages.
Which part of SS would YOU like to debate? The fact that it is a ponzi scheme? The fact that the employee pays the WHOLE freight but it is made to appear that the employer pays half? The fact that the rate of return over a 40-50 year time frame is pathetic? The fact that your money disappears the day you die? The fact that your government raids it and will continue raiding it to pay for other aspects of government bloat. The fact that when the demographics turn as they are right now that it will run out of money unless retirement age is raised (again) and/or benefits cut. Please, oh wise intellectual, tell us all what a wonderful system it is. The ironic part about this is the very people like our friend BajanYankee who extol its virtues are the SAME people who talk about wealth inequality. SS has destroyed the opportunity for many lower middle class people who work and pay into the system their whole lives from actually leaving a legacy behind for their kids and grandkids--it hinders the creation of wealth. I'd be happy to debate any of the above points. But stay away from the scare tactics, bc I'm armed with facts, they won't work with me.

Dodd Frank should be thrown in the toilet, full bore. It was a crony piece of legislation written essentially by the big banks/brokers and they are the only ones that have the wherewithal to comply. What you want, but you don't even know it is the reinstitution of Glass Steagal, which one of your heroes, Billy C set into motion with repeal.

And for your info, I have extensive experience at a bulge bracket firm on the equity and M&A side, so please stop making assumptions about people on a board you have no earthly idea about. It tends to make one look foolish. Instead, let your foolishness shine through with your policy positions.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:05 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,151 times
Quote:

-Regressive tax policy
-Repeal of Dodd-Frank
-War against Iran
You forgot expanding the Nuclear Arsenal. Apparently it's not enough to destroy the world 5x over, we must start a new arms race to destroy the world 10x over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey