Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 12:48 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
"Happy to ignore"? No. Once again TDS causes people to read stuff that isnt there.

TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) - If you or a loved one comes down with this chronic disease, please seek help immediately before it's too late...
There seems to be no cure, the subject is DOOMED!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanJ View Post
No. Mid easterners are classified as white.

But you should know what you get with muslims: http://10news.dk/?p=3062

Another fair and balanced news source, from their home page, I like the "handpicked news" part:
"News for freedom lovers. Original articles. Exclusive translations. Handpicked news."

And Blue Biker: the sources were from the DOJ...run by Loretta Lynch/Holder
I'm sure they were, of course cherry picked to provide ammunition to the point being made.

"It's on the internet so it must be true"

Sorta like the bible, you can find a passage there to support any point of view.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 PM

200 posts, read 155,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Arrest rate does not equal crime incidence. Your chart doesn't account for the obvious unfair treatment of minorities in the criminal justice system.
Yea it pretty much does, actually. Unless you are actually nuts and think all these murders in Chicago (highest in 20 years) are just fabricated and the PD is randomly arresting blacks in this political climate where cops are too scared to even defend themselves against blacks in fear of PC retribution.

Unfair treatment? You have it in reverse...more minorities are in jail because they commit by far more crimes. Then after the fact it's called unfair treatment. People are scared of minorities...because they commit crime at a higher rate. It's not random, it's based on facts. Reality. It's simple.

And Blue Biker can continue on yelling "faux newz lol" while ignoring that the data comes from the DOJ which is run by Loretta Lynch

Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Hostile acts would include Ukraine and attempting to disrupt our election process.
with regard to ukraine, it wasnt a hostile act towards ukraine. also, the people of crimea voted to be a part of russia. so it was a consensual annexation. i dont see it as a hostile act on behalf of ukraine or crimea. in any case, it certainly wasnt hostile towards america.

with regard to the US election, i just think its nuts to lay that on russia. in any case, it was just the reveal of private emails; not an act of war. the actual vote was not hacked. i see that clapper guy is now labeling russia an "existential threat." that is the same guy that said there were no government programs gathering information on americans on a large scale. the guy is pure evil and so are the republicans that are supporting this anti-russia position. do you really want to be in the same camp as john mccain? the guy is the devil.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:05 PM

789 posts, read 702,914 times
Quote:
Check the mirror pal. You seem to attribute any disagreement with your position to be because of TDS. While I voted for Clinton (in a race of the worst choices of my adult life), I have been outspoken about giving Trump a fair chance. I like some of his economic stances so far, but his ongoing positions on Putin/Russia leave me perplexed.
No, again, I attribute TDS with the sudden nervous breakdown over Russia's "election hacking" by the very people who tried to mock Russia as any sort of a threat up until Nov 9. Clearly you have ignored my position that Russia has been, is and will continue to be a geopolitical foe of the first order. That, is TDS.

As for Trump's "ongoing positions" on Russia, there are none yet as he is not POTUS yet. He gains nothing by playing Obama's pissy game. He comes to the table fresh, he understands Putin has OWNED Obama on the world stage. Understanding that is not heresy nor treason, it is simply....understanding, Yes Obama has been owned by Putin. Which when you think about it is pretty obvious. One guy is career KGB, the other a community organizer who thinks history automatically bends to the righteous and thinks hashtag campaigns equal diplomacy. You should be more concerned about a lame duck POTUS going rogue on foreign policy a couple weeks before leaving office.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
No, again, I attribute TDS with the sudden nervous breakdown over Russia's "election hacking" by the very people who tried to mock Russia as any sort of a threat up until Nov 9. Clearly you have ignored my position that Russia has been, is and will continue to be a geopolitical foe of the first order. That, is TDS.

As for Trump's "ongoing positions" on Russia, there are none yet as he is not POTUS yet. He gains nothing by playing Obama's pissy game. He comes to the table fresh, he understands Putin has OWNED Obama on the world stage. Understanding that is not heresy nor treason, it is simply....understanding, Yes Obama has been owned by Putin. Which when you think about it is pretty obvious. One guy is career KGB, the other a community organizer who thinks history automatically bends to the righteous and thinks hashtag campaigns equal diplomacy. You should be more concerned about a lame duck POTUS going rogue on foreign policy a couple weeks before leaving office.
Clearly you think that I have paid attention and bothered to recall your prior posts about Russia. That would be a different kind of derangement.

And you believe that Trump has no position on any issue because he isn't POTUS yet.... well... I didn't bother reading the rest of your post after that nugget of delusion.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
with regard to ukraine, it wasnt a hostile act towards ukraine. also, the people of crimea voted to be a part of russia. so it was a consensual annexation. i dont see it as a hostile act on behalf of ukraine or crimea. in any case, it certainly wasnt hostile towards america.
i think it is important to understand that just because the US government tells you something is bad, doesnt make it bad. the US government wrongly sanctioned Russia causing lots of harm to the russian economy and lots of money for putin and his buddies. i know nobody in america cares about that but it was absolutely wrong and harmful. yet, russia is expected to just take it and not retaliate. they pretty much dont retaliate at all (probably to the chagrin of john mccain) and still they are vilified.

russia is the good guy in this relationship with the us government. the US government murders countless people around the world and they want us to believe they are the good guys fighting evil. its really the opposite. so always question the government. its controlled by very very bad people. (and i am not really saying putin/russia is a "good guy" character. just compared to the us government they are)

Old 01-05-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i think it is important to understand that just because the US government tells you something is bad, doesnt make it bad. the US government wrongly sanctioned Russia causing lots of harm to the russian economy and lots of money for putin and his buddies. i know nobody in america cares about that but it was absolutely wrong and harmful. yet, russia is expected to just take it and not retaliate. they pretty much dont retaliate at all (probably to the chagrin of john mccain) and still they are vilified.

russia is the good guy in this relationship with the us government. the US government murders countless people around the world and they want us to believe they are the good guys fighting evil. its really the opposite. so always question the government. its controlled by very very bad people. (and i am not really saying putin/russia is a "good guy" character. just compared to the us government they are)
The US has been the bad guy for well over 100yrs. Seemingly always getting into conflicts related to "business interests". The Spanish American War, the revolt of Panama from Colombia, The CIA supported the Shah of Iran, (and we wonder why they hate us). The recent al-Queda/ISIS recruitment drive initiated by Bush/Cheney. A lot of injustices were done and if the NODAPL is any inidication still are done to Native Americans. (going back to the Pilgrims).

But we're supposed to be the "good guy".

Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 PM

789 posts, read 702,914 times
Quote:
Clearly you think that I have paid attention and bothered to recall your prior posts about Russia. That would be a different kind of derangement.

And you believe that Trump has no position on any issue because he isn't POTUS yet.... well... I didn't bother reading the rest of your post after that nugget of delusion.
So yours is the derangement of NOT understanding a person's position and assuming what it is based on your worldview--which you just admitted. Interesting, but not surprising. It is typical.

And you did it AGAIN. "you believe Trump has NO position on ANY issue bc he isnt POTUS yet". Really? Is that what I wrote? Is that what you gleaned my point on Russia? Really? Reading comprehension sure isnt taught the way it used to be.

And people wonder why Trump won the election. It wasnt Russia, it was snarky, judgmental, presumptuous types doing EXACTLY what you're doing. By all means, keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear your next assumption about what I believe. Its fun.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:32 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
So yours is the derangement of NOT understanding a person's position and assuming what it is based on your worldview--which you just admitted. Interesting, but not surprising. It is typical.

And you did it AGAIN. "you believe Trump has NO position on ANY issue bc he isnt POTUS yet". Really? Is that what I wrote? Is that what you gleaned my point on Russia? Really? Reading comprehension sure isnt taught the way it used to be.

And people wonder why Trump won the election. It wasnt Russia, it was snarky, judgmental, presumptuous types doing EXACTLY what you're doing. By all means, keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear your next assumption about what I believe. Its fun.
Still haven't found a mirror in your house of glass?

I based my comments to you based on the your comment that I responded to. If you expect others to peruse your posting history for background, you will be disappointed.

You said he isn't POTUS so he has no position on Russia. If that logic is true, surely it must apply to other subjects. If not, why not?

And note that I have not claimed that Russia had any influence on the election and do not dispute his win.

Glad you find it fun as your lack of logic is being exposed.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey