Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 01:55 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,307 times

Advertisements

The well-to-do McMansion towns in suburban NJ are solidly Trump country? What are you people basing this on? I live in a well-to-do McMansion saturated town, surrounded by other well-to-do McMansion towns (and also an old money wealthy suburb that's filled with straight up mansions, without the cute prefix).

I run/walk/hike a minimum of 5 miles a day (10+ on Saturdays & Sundays). I have covered literally every single street, road, avenue, lane, way, drive, court, terrace and place in my town, and most of all the same in the towns to the north and east of me. Believe me, I am intimately familiar with everyone's yards and their signs.

I always see a bunch of these in each town:

-realtor signs
-contractor company signs
-landscaping company signs
-driveway paver company signs
-window installer/washer company signs
-Invisible Fence® signs
-pesticide warning signs
-'Curb your dog' signs
-1 'Don't water our lawn!' sign with a peeing dog inside a 'No' symbol
-1 sign with a pooping dog inside a 'No' symbol
-Giants, Jets, Yankees pennants, banners, flags
-lots of American flags, plus 1 instance each of the following flags: French, Irish, Swedish, British
-various holiday signage (jogged by 1 house today that has already started with the 'Happy Halloween' stuff)
-these things:

I see lots of signs. Yet, I have seen only exactly ONE Trump/Pence sign...in my town...which, by the way, is majority Republican. During smaller, local elections, there are always lawn signs for the Republican candidates. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone put out a lawn sign in favor of a Dem candidate.

Where are these towns that are full of Trump signs? Last week someone posted that Livingston is full of Trump signs. M'kay. I was just there, visiting friends. Didn't see 1 Trump sign in the neighborhood I was in, or the streets I drove through while I was there. The town certainly was not full of Trump signs.

Are people just posting BS pulled straight out of their arses?

Old 09-20-2016, 03:38 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Are people just posting BS pulled straight out of their arses?

It certainly seems that way.
I live in overwhelmingly Republican Somerset County, and when I drive around, I see there are almost no lawn signs for any candidate at this point. I do see the occasional sign for either of the two major candidates, but they are definitely few and VERY far between.

My neighborhood consists of 18-20 year old houses of 2,500 sq ft--and up--and many of them would probably be branded as "McMansions", but with the exception of one "Bernie" sign a few months ago, there are no lawn signs at this point for any of the candidates. What I consider to be especially significant of...something...is that the one house in the neighborhood where there have consistently been Tea Party signs for the past 6 years or so, there are currently no politically-oriented signs.

The only lawn signs that I see in my neck of the woods are for one of the candidates for the post of County Sheriff.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
it seems like the houses i see with trump signs have lots of them and big ones. i think trump has been made to be such a offensive candidate to certain people that regular folk dont want to deal with the risks associated with a trump sign. i also see a lot of people have been mentally beat into a position that trump is good on some stuff and bad on some stuff so they have mixed feelings. i think thats pretty fake for the most part. i think the is more liberal and moderate friendly than almost any republican candidate. its the exaggerated reaction to his statements (which he isnt very politically careful in expressing) that makes people think he is more offensive than he really is.

im a libertarian thats pushing being an anarchist. neither candidate is for me and im not voting for either of them.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:29 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Ugh can someone tell me which towns in NJ have Hillary banners and NOT Trump banners- I want to be sure never to visit or move to NJ towns with Trump signs.
Thanks!

Old 09-20-2016, 06:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Ugh can someone tell me which towns in NJ have Hillary banners and NOT Trump banners- I want to be sure never to visit or move to NJ towns with Trump signs.
Thanks!
see, the drama queen reaction is so silly. at the end of the day, hillary and trump arent that much different from each other and neither of them are that much different from any other republican or democrat. no need for the drama.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:18 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
see, the drama queen reaction is so silly. at the end of the day, hillary and trump arent that much different from each other and neither of them are that much different from any other republican or democrat.
Um yes they are

And Trump is quite different from other Republicans (many of whom are NOT supporting him)

Old 09-20-2016, 11:57 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
McMansion owners have no problems with "illegals" mowing their lawn or cleaning their homes
Odds are they wouldn't even consider hiring and paying an American.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:43 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Thanks!
Don't visit or move to Ocean County. It's run by republicans and every town has Trump signs. Do signs frighten you.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:20 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Wealthy people can be deplorable.
And so can poor people. In fact, the condition of being poor is often, not always, but often, a reflection of poor personal choices and character problems. There is no logical reason to be poor if you live correctly. Usually, not always, but usually, deplorable choices lead to being poor.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:11 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Trump & Hillary are in the wrong parties. Hillary's positions gravitates towards Republican side on trade and foreign policy while Trump more liberal than her on many issues.

Hillary = Open Trade, hawkish on foreign affairs
Trump = Protect local jobs, isolationism on world affairs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey