Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 03:27 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
He hasn't said anything about slashing the military budget because he plans to increase those expenditures:
Donald Trump calls for military spending increase - CNNPolitics.com

To put things in their proper perspective, The US already spends more annually on the military than China, Russia, The UK, Saudi Arabia, France, India, and Japan combined spend on their military forces:
U.S. defense spending compared to other countries | pgpf.org

Before he left office, Dwight Eisenhower warned us to beware of the influence of the US Military-Industrial Complex, but apparently nobody took old Ike seriously.

Can't rep you again. But I owe it to you. And I'm good for it.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:36 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Re the Iraq war:

Trump indicated his support for war in a radio interview with shock jock Howard Stern on Sept. 11, 2002 — a little more than six months before the war started.
So what, Trump was a private citizen, his opinion of no consequence.

Kerry was for the war before he was against it

Obama evolved on LGBT

Hillary said repubs cherry picked cases to make the VA appear it had a systemic problem, just before she said she would fix the problems with the VA

Obama said he would never pass healthcare by nuclear option, but hillary would

Obama promised shovel ready jobs

Obama cried that the out of control deficeit during GWB's term was irresponisble and treasonous

Obama said AQ was on the run and ISIS was the JV team

Barney frank, et al said GWB was racist because he felt freddie and fannie were in trouble

does your outrage extend to high profile people with power over your life who have demonstrated opposition to their own stated positions??????

People of consequence have made a mockery of promises on very serious national issues. In 2002 the opinion of a private citizen without acces to secret information was of zero consequence

Old 09-23-2016, 06:11 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
He hasn't said anything about slashing the military budget because he plans to increase those expenditures:

To put things in their proper perspective, The US already spends more annually on the military than China, Russia, The UK, Saudi Arabia, France, India, and Japan combined spend on their military forces:

Before he left office, Dwight Eisenhower warned us to beware of the influence of the US Military-Industrial Complex, but apparently nobody took old Ike seriously.
trump speaks against the iraq war and i believe he opposed obama going into syria. thankfully, there was so much outcry against going into syria that obama had to dramatically reduce the scope of the war he wanted. i dont think he wanted it deep down but the military was pushing him hard im sure.

anyway, i dont know how you can speak against wars but not want to reduce the size of the military. america doesnt need military bases all over the world. the us government has scattered drone bases all over africa just to murder people here and there on the continent. the us government mostly pulled out of iraq and afghanistan and we really didnt see enough of a savings because the government still wants to spend that money (because people are bribing them for it).

ultimately, i dont trust trump on the war (mass murder) issue. id be cautiously optimistic that he wont engage in any major wars. but i dont know, idiots love hating iran. i know we would be at war with iran if mccain won, thank god he didnt. mccain is the devil.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:50 PM

789 posts, read 702,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
We've had poverty in America long before the war on poverty began.

The big difference is today the vast majority of the US poverty class is not starving and has a bed at night. This is the success story of these "failed" policies.
False. There are more homeless on the streets of NY/NJ TODAY than 60 years ago. What you define as "success" is actually known as "making it easier to be poor". No one has a gripe against welfare programs for the elderly and those who can't work due to mental or physical problems. However when you make it "easy" for a perfectly healthy 30 year old to stay home and collect unlimited social programs and build giant housing projects from which it is nearly impossible to escape you create a poverty trap. Instead of debating me, pick up the book and read it.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:51 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Trump is pro-business,pro-rich.

He is not helping any low wage earner, union member,or even a working- or middle- class person trying to make it.
He sure is and sure has.

What businesses do H&O own and employ any low-wage/union/working/middle-class person trying to make it?

H&O are all about taking other people's money and redistributing it to those who "can't" and for whatever the reason they can't ..when it's more like "don't wanna".

Old 09-24-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Good point.

But still. All poor people can't be dumb. You'd think at least SOME of them would vote in their economic best interests.
Economic best interests?

There are two very separate mindsets among "the poor". Those who do the best they can and work their asses off and still struggle, and those who sit back and take whatever they can from wherever they can. Because that's easier.

The former tend to be the ones who have a sense of pride and don't WANT handouts to live off of while the latter tend to be the ones who will take any handout and would sell their great-grammy's set of false teeth so they could buy a pair of fabulous sneakers. At 30 years old with 10 kids by 7 different women.

The "entitled" will always vote for the person (democrat) who promises them "free stuff". They always have and how has that worked out? They are NO better off than they were generations ago.

Promises, promises....

I couldn't keep my doctor and my insurance premiums (for self-employed/small business) skyrocketed.

I can't imagine how all of those low-info (but voted for THEIR BEST ECONOMIC INTERESTS) Obama voters felt about not getting their free cell phones paid for, free gas, free food, free cars, free rent....

Some "poor" are able to translate the liberal/democrat double-speak and understand that tossing MORE tax payer dollars (from those who pay taxes) at the BROKEN social programs won't FIX a thing.

Never has and NEVER will.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Good.

Quote:
So?

Quote:
He also said:

Quote:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:30 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,017,125 times
This post is arguing a moot point. I rarely see signs up for either candidate. I see signs for local government more than anything else in my neck of the woods. A lot, if not most, Trump supporters are closeted racists in New Jersey who don't want to portray it openly. Lawn signs will tell us nothing. We will have to wait and see on election day....

Old 09-24-2016, 06:34 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you guys see the asbury park press this sunday with all the polling regarding immigration issues?

as far as what i have seen, i dont recall seeing anything for hillary. ive seen a couple of "hillary for prison" shirts. ive seen a few houses with trump all over them. overall, i havent see a lot of stuff. advertising trump support is risky. i dont think anyone is particularly excited enough about hillary to advertise.
Think you nailed it on that last sentence. Even if people will vote for her, they aren't revved up about her.

Old 09-24-2016, 06:49 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,017,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Think you nailed it on that last sentence. Even if people will vote for her, they aren't revved up about her.
Nothing to be revved up about. Her and Trump are terrible choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey