Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 07:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
No.

What did SHE do?

Specifically.

Piggy-backing/jumping on a train already headed for the station doesn't count.

What did she do, that stands out, with her super special knowledge of how things work in DC to get anything done..... that already wasn't in the works?

In her 30 years, that some are using as an excuse to vote for her tired/accomplish-nothing ass, as a politician who knows how to get things done in DC?
What has Trump done,what laws has Trump passed,what bills has he voted on ?What budgets has he come up with so I know he can run a country?What taxes does he pay so I know he can understand my problems?
You jr need to read the link again.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:56 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Again pay attention to what you read. What Hillary has accomplished no "non-politician" could have and if that is the case (and it is) then a "non-politician" sure as hell can't run the country.Again I will reiterate ...is she the best ever for President ,no, but at this time she is the best person running in this presidential election at this time.Hands down!
Basically what you're saying is that career politicians HAVE to be president because they have a history of "accomplishments." So because non politicians have never accomplished anything in the political world, they aren't qualified enough. That is insane. It's not even about Trump anymore, it's about anyone who's an average citizen who wants to be president - to you, they can't be because they have no prior experience. Again - do you realize this was never the intent of the founding fathers? This restricts the office of the presidency a lot. The idea is that theoretically any citizen over a certain age can be president. Experience has never been a requirement. And it shouldn't have to be since the president works in conjunction evenly with other elected officials and doesn't have absolute power. Experience is not required. Nothing fully prepares you for the challenges and stress of the presidency anyway.

The idea of career politicians is a newer one and wasn't born with this country. There is absolutely no reason that the president has to be a career politician with prior political accomplishments. That's something you are making up to rationalize your hatred for Trump and support for Hillary.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:45 AM

18,462 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
I watched an hour TV episodes, on Trump supporters last night and some of them are really decent and honest people. A lot of problems they raised are real problems, such as illegal immigrants getting more benefits than they do, while they have to compete with these low wage laborers on the books, but they are ignoring the fact that the person who wants to represent them just isn't the man they all hoping for.
Of course they are decent and honest people. Not some, the vast majority. To say otherwise would be to say that half the country is made up of indecent and dishonest people. I'm sure everyone reading this has friends and family members that are voting for Trump, and they know them to be decent and honest people. It is surprising that it takes a TV show to get people to realize that.

The demonization of candidates is to be expected. Happens every 4 years. But the demonization of a candidate's supporters on this level is new to this election, and promoted by a candidate who says the other candidate's supporters are "deplorable" and "irredeemable". This type of rhetoric draws a wedge between between fellow citizens. It makes it much harder for them to come together after the election is over. It is a sad day for the country. Personally, I can't wait for this election to be over, no matter what the outcome.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:49 AM

34 posts, read 43,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Basically what you're saying is that career politicians HAVE to be president because they have a history of "accomplishments." So because non politicians have never accomplished anything in the political world, they aren't qualified enough. That is insane. It's not even about Trump anymore, it's about anyone who's an average citizen who wants to be president - to you, they can't be because they have no prior experience. Again - do you realize this was never the intent of the founding fathers? This restricts the office of the presidency a lot. The idea is that theoretically any citizen over a certain age can be president. Experience has never been a requirement. And it shouldn't have to be since the president works in conjunction evenly with other elected officials and doesn't have absolute power. Experience is not required. Nothing fully prepares you for the challenges and stress of the presidency anyway.

The idea of career politicians is a newer one and wasn't born with this country. There is absolutely no reason that the president has to be a career politician with prior political accomplishments. That's something you are making up to rationalize your hatred for Trump and support for Hillary.
some jobs just aren't entry level

Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpills View Post
I agreed. You do need experience to spend trillion of other people's money and telling people how to live their own life, what they can eat and not eat. Telling you how great public school is while sending their own children to private schoosl. Telling you how bad guns are while they are surround with guns to protect them. Of course, telling you they are helping the poor while drawing a salary that is that is 15x (1500%) the federal poverty line, of course, the benefit is extra.

Not to mention sending other people's son and daughter to catch bullets and bomb in another countries while none of their children even serve in the military.

Lastly, while doing all of this, never have a real job that that require to produce a profit.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpills View Post
The presidency is entry level. It is often said that nothing truly prepares you for it.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But the demonization of a candidate's supporters on this level is new to this election, and promoted by a candidate who says the other candidate's supporters are "deplorable" and "irredeemable". This type of rhetoric draws a wedge between between fellow citizens. It makes it much harder for them to come together after the election is over. It is a sad day for the country. Personally, I can't wait for this election to be over, no matter what the outcome.
This is very true. Here's Hillary's recent: Hillary Clinton unloads on Donald Trump's 'conspiracy theories' | Daily Mail Online

"I am sick and tired of the negative, dark, divisive, dangerous vision and the anger of people who support Donald Trump."

How she will expect respect from any of Trump's supporters if she wins is beyond me. What she has said about her fellow Americans, her constituents as a politician, in such a generalized manner to me is disgusting. Calling people deplorable and accusing them of being divisive just because they support the other candidate - inexcusable. She plays so dirty and as an "EXPERIENCED POLITICIAN" she should know better. Or not - because playing dirty is so often their game.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:58 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
But, she didn't actually call his supporters deplorable just because they support him. She said that "to be grossly generalistic", half his supporters could go into the "basket of deplorables"..."The racist, sexist, homophobic xenophobic, Islamaphobic--you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that and he has lifted them up."

She isn't lying. Almost all the Trump supporters I know personally--many of whom are related to me, and others who are old friends and acquaintances--fit that description. They ARE racist, homophobic, Islamaphobic people. He HAS encouraged them to feel they are justified in that point of view. And that is exactly why I cannot vote for Trump, even though I don't feel as if Hillary is a prize. That way at looking at other human beings--our fellow Americans, for God's sake-- is a giant step backward for this country and everything I believe in.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But, she didn't actually call his supporters deplorable just because they support him. She said that "to be grossly generalistic", half his supporters could go into the "basket of deplorables"..."The racist, sexist, homophobic xenophobic, Islamaphobic--you name it. And unfortunately thetr are people like that and he has lifted them up."

She isn't lying. Almost all the Trump supporters I know personally--many of whom are related to me, and others who are old friends and acquaintances--fit that description. They ARE racist, homophobiic, Islamaphobic people. He HAS encouraged them to feel they are justified in that point of view. And that is exactly why I cannot vote for Trump, even though I don't feel as if Hillary is a prize. That is a giant step backward for this country and everything I believe in.
This is a massive generalization and she has no way of knowing that half or even any of his supporters are any of those things. Half is as arbitrary as "all." Did she do a study? Conduct a poll?

Even if what she said is true, she as the other candidate should not be saying such divisive things. I really wish they would focus on damn political issues and stop with the other BS.

Also she is vastly generalizing "xenophobic" and "Islamophobic" as well. There is nothing wrong with not supporting illegal immigration OR wanting to put caps on legal immigration yearly OR wanting only skilled legal immigrants to come in. There's nothing wrong with being wary of refugees when we have seen so many terror attacks in Europe after their basically open borders and invites in. There's nothing wrong with not supporting globalization and so much immigration. Trump has attracted people with these views and concerns and I would not call them xenophobic or Islamophobic. Doing this attempts to invalidate their concerns and call them wrong when in reality all they have is a differing opinion. The exaggerations she puts forth are the exceptions not the rules. Having different views than Hillary on these valid concerns does not automatically make people xenophobic and Islamophobic.

There are also equally crazy and extreme liberals and Hillary supporters so really what's her point, and where does she get off making it?

Old 11-02-2016, 11:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But, she didn't actually call his supporters deplorable just because they support him. She said that "to be grossly generalistic", half his supporters could go into the "basket of deplorables"..."The racist, sexist, homophobic xenophobic, Islamaphobic--you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that and he has lifted them up."

She isn't lying. Almost all the Trump supporters I know personally--many of whom are related to me, and others who are old friends and acquaintances--fit that description. They ARE racist, homophobic, Islamaphobic people. He HAS encouraged them to feel they are justified in that point of view. And that is exactly why I cannot vote for Trump, even though I don't feel as if Hillary is a prize. That way at looking at other human beings--our fellow Americans, for God's sake-- is a giant step backward for this country and everything I believe in.
^^^^this^^^^^

Congrats for todays winning post.

Unfortunately some of Trumps supporters here are having a problem with reading comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey