Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to NJ next month and is in the quest for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. So far, the hunt has not been fruitful but we are thinking of zeroing in on Carol Apartments in Hackensack. Would like to know how safe the apartment's neighbourhood is. I read a review that dated about 3 years back where a resident's car tyre were stolen. He called the place 'shady'! Is this still the case today? Please shed some light on on the safety so I can be sure we are not making a mistake moving there.
If Im lucky, I hope some current residents of Carol apartments in this forum replies with first hand info!

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 02:37 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,197,019 times
Its not a very dangerous area, but you certainly could have your car broken into, but its still rare. I don't know what your budget is, but there are much nicer areas of apartments up by the hospital, most of them off of Prospect Ave. I've never lived in Carol apartments, nor would I desire to, but I know of that neighborhood. I know it can be difficult if your on a tight budget, but I would look away from South Hackensack and into a complex more north or closer to the hospital. Good luck with your search!

Old 09-28-2016, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 13,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumi View Post
My husband and I will be moving to NJ next month and is in the quest for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. So far, the hunt has not been fruitful but we are thinking of zeroing in on Carol Apartments in Hackensack. Would like to know how safe the apartment's neighbourhood is. I read a review that dated about 3 years back where a resident's car tyre were stolen. He called the place 'shady'! Is this still the case today? Please shed some light on on the safety so I can be sure we are not making a mistake moving there.
If Im lucky, I hope some current residents of Carol apartments in this forum replies with first hand info!

Thanks a bunch!
I looked at Carol Apartments back in 2012 and lived in the area until July 2014. The neighborhood isn't bad (some of the nearby housing is old and some of the streets need repaving, both of which could've happened since). The apartments themselves are small and parking was tight! I advise you to look at Waterside Village in Little Ferry. You get WAY more for your money and some green space too. If you like being close to Hackensack, Waterside is 1/2 a mile from Hackensack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey