Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:18 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
I currently live in the poorest county of NJ. My rent has gone up MORE then $ 125/month since 2012. While other things are relative, I have to watch every penny I spend and plan budgets 4-5-6 months in advance. Now since NJ doesn't know how to control it's spending they're now asking for a .23 cent increase in gas taxes of all things? To be "offset" by a 3/8% reduction in sales tax? These people are insane. I called the Governors office yesterday to tell them exactly how I feel about another .23 cents tacked on to gas prices. And everyone knows that gas prices are low now- But what happens when OPEC raises prices and we're back at $ 2.75-3.00 gas BEFORE taxes are added? Our leaders say we're no longer in a recession yet they don't live here in Cumberland County. I can't afford to stay in this hell hole and can't afford to move. And what PFBALL said is true- "Paying teachers and cops $120,000/ year is wasteful spending. Paying for people that sit and do nothing in an office all day is wasteful spending". Wasteful spending is WHERE did the money go for road repairs in the past 10 yrs ? Wasteful spending? NJ has one of the HIGHEST Real Estate taxes in the Nation, and NO ONE in Trenton can explain where the money goes. I do believe in a good wage for teachers and Officers and EMT's and such. But if they need a $ 120,000 a yr salary to survive here, Imagine what it's like for the average Joe who lives off of Social Security and lives on about 1/10 of what they do. And I'm willing to bet that there's plenty of perk state jobs that someone's Uncle or whoever got someone a job.
I'm sorry about your situation. I reside in SW Camden county btw.

The crooks in Trenton will keep on "stealing" especially after NJ votes in a dem governor next year.

I say that you should perhaps try to find a way out of NJ as it surely won't get any better as between increased property taxes which gets passed down to renters and other potential new sources of taxing like a car property tax like many states have. I put nothing past Trenton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 10:26 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
I'm sorry about your situation. I reside in SW Camden county btw.

The crooks in Trenton will keep on "stealing" especially after NJ votes in a dem governor next year.

I say that you should perhaps try to find a way out of NJ as it surely won't get any better as between increased property taxes which gets passed down to renters and other potential new sources of taxing like a car property tax like many states have. I put nothing past Trenton.
While people are busy hammering Christie about Bridgegate, he has atleast put up a serious fight about spending. Look at the last 3 governors and they've all catered to all tax increases and demands by state workers. They've allowed the double dipping to stay on the job and nothing has been done to stop the bleeding until Christie arrived.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:23 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
While people are busy hammering Christie about Bridgegate, he has atleast put up a serious fight about spending. Look at the last 3 governors and they've all catered to all tax increases and demands by state workers. They've allowed the double dipping to stay on the job and nothing has been done to stop the bleeding until Christie arrived.
Yes but he could have just stayed true however decided to join the dems = he really badly surprised and disappointed me as a 2x voter for him.

I'm wondering if Trump wins and Christie gets appointed will the LT. Governor be any better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: