Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 9,576 times

Advertisements

Hi, i just started commuting from Clifton Commons and curious about the parking situation. (this is my second day commuting)

If the North Lot park and Ride is full, is it acceptable to park along the side labeled compact cars along the path way or is that owned by the theater? Also, it says the north lot closes after 6:45pm. Is that enforced? Do they often ticket and/or towed?

Are you able to park in other areas of the Commons without a problem? Its such a huge lot and from what i've read online people dont think it's a problem, but then you see all these signs saying that they will tow..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:16 AM

93 posts, read 129,570 times
I'll start with a caveat that it's been a few years for me since I've had to bother with that lot.

The northern part of the movie theater parking lot is open to commuters. You'll notice that the lines are a different color from the rest of the lot. I can't speak to enforcement after 6:45pm. There are a few times that I've stayed past that time, but didn't have an issue. I've never seen chalk marks or anything on my tires to indicate that I was being tracked.

As far as towing in non-commuter areas of the theater parking lot, it seems to go off and on. As people get more brazen and start parking closer to the theater, they start cracking down. One time I received a warning leaflet that my license plate had been recorded and would be towed if caught again. I'd also see tow trucks in process of towing vehicles. I chose not to try my luck again.

I've parked on the edge of the Stop & Shop parking lot, right next to Kingsland and didn't have a problem. Of course, this is a bit of a hike if you're taking the express bus. It's a little bit of an easier walk if you park on the east end of Stop & Shop and walk along the delivery road that runs behind it. I also see people parking at Target to take the local bus but have never done so myself.

I've never bothered parking near Barnes & Nobles because I assumed that's the first place they'd look to crack down on commuters, but don't have any info one way or the other.

Personally, I recommend buying monthly train pass from Delawanna. It costs slightly more but Clifton Common buses will honor that pass and you have the flexibility of taking the train. Worst case situation if there isn't any parking (or hear of severe traffic), you have the option of taking the train at Lyndhurst where there's always parking (Delawanna parking fills up just after 7:00am). During the winter, the trains will run far more smoothly compared to the buses. Just be careful about taking the bus home to Clifton Commons and then remembering that you took the train in the morning and have your car parked at Lyndhurst. Don't ask me how I know about that

Old 10-17-2016, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 9,576 times
Thanks so much for the info! I actually spoke to one of the security guards this morning. He said they do ticket and tow if you park outside the yellow marked park and ride spots in the AMC theater lot. However, he also told me that the stop and shop lot does not have security. And when i called stop and shop recently they said that they dont really enforce it. But then the guard told me to go ahead and park by Barnes and Noble! He said as long as i park near the highway and not make it obvious that it would be fine. He said he would recognize the car and tell his partner that he ok'd it. I dont think i would recommend this to everybody but it sounds like between B&N and stop and shop i should be ok. It was so nice of him to help me out. It is kind of crazy that the park and ride spots are so limited when there is SO much parking available through out those lots. Even at 7p on a Friday that theater lot is half full.

I would love to take the train, however it does not run as frequently as the buses, as me and my husband work later hours. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: