Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:58 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Yes. 20 years ago it was nothing but farmland and woods. Now that whole area is Staten Island South.
Am hearing that is happening to Old Bridge/Mattawan area as well, just not exclusively Staten Islanders though.

Can see why Staten Islanders like south NJ though; it is an easy commute back to the Rock over the Outerbridge. Just a short drive up the GS and Turnpike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 09:05 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
20 years ago it was nothing but farmland and woods. Now that whole area is Staten Island South.
Looks like the boom was in the late '60s = 10,000 people. About 6-7,000 each decade since:
Manalapan Township, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Englishtown, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Looks like the boom was in the late '60s = 10,000 people. About 6-7,000 each decade since:
Manalapan Township, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Englishtown, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hahaha!

Mike "The Situation" from Jersey Shore grew up in Manalapan, but was born on SI (West Brighton) IIRC. Guess that confirms my original query! *LOL*

Old 01-01-2014, 10:00 PM

73 posts, read 150,203 times
Camaro and Hubcity are known Marlboro/Manalapan bashers. Just look at their posts throughout these forums. I dont know if they can't afford the area or had a bad experience but they are professional bashers of the area. The area isn't staten island south or whatever they call it, just their way of trying to bash it. Manalapan/Marlboro/Colts Neck area is all very nice with good schools and many specialized schools if your kids are into that. For the track noise I live in Marlboro and hear it in the summer but is it close to being annoying, no. I need to be outside and needs to be quiet to even hear it. Also they race those loud cars barely, and only for 2 months so how big of an issue can it be. No one in the area ever complains or even talks about it because its such a non-issue.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by printscreen View Post
Camaro and Hubcity are known Marlboro/Manalapan bashers. Just look at their posts throughout these forums. I dont know if they can't afford the area or had a bad experience but they are professional bashers of the area. The area isn't staten island south or whatever they call it, just their way of trying to bash it. Manalapan/Marlboro/Colts Neck area is all very nice with good schools and many specialized schools if your kids are into that. For the track noise I live in Marlboro and hear it in the summer but is it close to being annoying, no. I need to be outside and needs to be quiet to even hear it. Also they race those loud cars barely, and only for 2 months so how big of an issue can it be. No one in the area ever complains or even talks about it because its such a non-issue.
Do you have anything else you can discuss on these boards besides this?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:01 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by printscreen View Post
Hey!!! I've been written. Cool.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,749 times
Just moved..... meaning over the Summer I didn't hear anything. BTW I was not born and raised in SI , I lived there for several years and was MISERABLE. I lived in NJ most of my life.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:34 PM

335 posts, read 619,897 times
I grew up in the 70's/80's in the Holiday Park section of Manalapan (used to be considered Englishtown) and to me, Raceway Park was a sign of summer. I kind of missed all the noise when I went to college/moved out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey