Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:20 AM

1,945 posts, read 3,307,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
North Jersey is literally trading commute time from Manhattan for dollars. Further out is "cheaper". Might get "easier" but further out on the NJ rail lines that go directly into the Path train stations.
I commuted from Morristown to Midtown West for four years. I wanted to eat a bullet. I had no life. Glad I moved to downtown Jersey City. I have so much more free time and get much more rest. Added back years to my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 11:23 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,687,585 times
You wanna come here to NJ, from Miami? Seriously??
You drinking that kool-aid or something?

Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 PM

4,099 posts, read 4,132,871 times
Unless you have good reason (such as family or a cannot refuse job offer), you would be insane to move from Miami to anywhere in NJ

Old 10-28-2016, 07:15 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,344,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERFLY7811 View Post
Hello everyone,

So yes me and hubby want to leave Miami and live in NJ. I was born there in 1972, parents then moved down to Miami. We are in our early 40's, dont have or plan to have kids, we have a pet medium mastiff/American bulldog. We are just so over Miami. From our jobs to high rents and home prices to the congested traffic. We will be buying within 2 yrs. Hubby lived in Flemington and Trenton in the 5 yrs he lived in NJ. I would like to live where we have an easy commute to Manhattan. We have cars but also public transportation would be nice to get around. Also looking for an affordable rent to start off but would like to find apts that have garages to protect our cars from the harsh snow in the winter time. Close to shopping like Walmart would be awsome! So if anyone can give me ideas, that would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!
I don't know how long you have been gone from NJ but I suggest you come back for a week and see if it's the same NJ you left.

Come visit NJ between Dec and March and see if you like it better than Miami.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:59 PM

11 posts, read 10,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
And "Close to shopping like Walmart". I can't believe that shopping in Miami means Walmart...
I buy everything i need in Walmart, from nails to paint to groceries. Thanks

Old 11-10-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
unless you have good reason (such as family or a cannot refuse job offer), you would be insane to move from miami to anywhere in nj
we lived all our lives in miami. And as you know, miami has gotten really expensive to live, buy a house, etc. And jobs, lets not go there. Good thing i kept my 15 yr job at the university of miami but am disabled from chronic back pain. I do love the houses up north, colonial style and are much affordable than miami.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I don't know how long you have been gone from NJ but I suggest you come back for a week and see if it's the same NJ you left.

Come visit NJ between Dec and March and see if you like it better than Miami.
We prefer the temp over there to the disgusting humidity of South Florida! Here is just a FLAT LAND you have no scenery of mounrains, seasons dont change here, its always humid.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Unless you have good reason (such as family or a cannot refuse job offer), you would be insane to move from Miami to anywhere in NJ
Tell me why, what is your opinion. NJ is that bad, the harsh winter, snow? We have no problem with that. We go to NYC/NJ every year for vacay in the harsh snow and we like it. We want to buy our house over there in NJ and leave Miami ad our second home, family live here.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:23 PM

Everyone talking negative about living IN NJ, then why dont you guys move to another state just like we wsnt to move to NJ and start a life over there. It cant be that bad. Everyone has opinions about different cities all have traffic, violence, not so good paying jobs, school districts, (dont need schools for ourself). I need more feedback as to WHY not move to NJ. Everyones reasons are not the same. Thanks,

Old 11-10-2016, 08:04 PM

32,849 posts, read 36,161,804 times
Why do you want to move from the frying pan to the fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey