Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 07:35 PM

11 posts, read 10,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Hilarious! Moving to NJ for the lower cost of living and better weather.
When you have lived 44 yrs of your life in a city that is better known for its FLAT LAND, no scenery of mountains, no seasons, its HOT HUMID summer year round, don't wear makeup it will strip off your face with humid weather, LOW paying jobs, horrible drivers carrying NO insurance, your house is overpriced and small with no yard, seriously we have had it! We want to see seasons change, feel like your actually living in the USA not la Yuma, have scenery, access NYC whenever we want, jump to other states easily, we want to have a home with a beautiful chimney to light it up in the winter, look at the snow falling, run out and play with it, Christmas is evermore more beautiful when up north, that's what we want. It's not much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 07:46 PM

11 posts, read 10,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
And "Close to shopping like Walmart". I can't believe that shopping in Miami means Walmart...
When you work 15 yrs in a company and has only pays you $14.00 an hour. Start adding up rent, car payment, all your utility bills like light, water, gas, cell phone, food, what I am left with is bull****! Now you know where I come from. Everyone has struggles, that's why I shop at Walmart. You don't know me to judge so easily about a persons life and what they go through. I'm glad you are able to afford big-end shopping. That's good because you keep the economy going but I can't.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:53 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,174,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERFLY7811 View Post
Tell me why, what is your opinion. NJ is that bad, the harsh winter, snow? We have no problem with that. We go to NYC/NJ every year for vacay in the harsh snow and we like it. We want to buy our house over there in NJ and leave Miami ad our second home, family live here.
Quote:
When you work 15 yrs in a company and has only pays you $14.00 an hour. Start adding up rent, car payment, all your utility bills like light, water, gas, cell phone, food, what I am left with is bull****! Now you know where I come from. Everyone has struggles, that's why I shop at Walmart. You don't know me to judge so easily about a persons life and what they go through. I'm glad you are able to afford big-end shopping. That's good because you keep the economy going but I can't.
If you cannot survive you Miami, how do you think you are about to survive in NJ? NJ is much more expensive than Miami.

If you are only making $14/hr then my advice to you is stay in Miami and acquire a marketable skill before you move. You will not able to afford to live in NJ. With $14/hr hour, you would not even qualify for a rental in some highly desire towns.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:27 AM

47 posts, read 145,537 times
OP, you can have my place in NJ if I can get your place in Miami. It's just too damn cold and crowded here and there's only so many times you can escape to NYC or Philadelphia. I'd take Miami any day of anywhere in NJ even with the loss of Dwyane Wade to the Chicago Bulls.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:48 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
Grass is always greener...tons of people moved out of the metro area and settled in miami, orlando,tampa areas. Many move back because they are homesick, or dont like the laws, pay, or enviorement.

Like we get the 4 seasons in up north, but florida is rain or heat. Dont know about everyone else, but give me snow over a hurricane any day.

Gators and snakes in your backyard, or squirrels and mice, i prefer the cute squirrels!

Keep searching the forums for that ideal location. Look at locations along the rail line in jersey, or even areas along the hudson, both nj and ny.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:55 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Grass is always greener...tons of people moved out of the metro area and settled in miami, orlando,tampa areas. Many move back because they are homesick, or dont like the laws, pay, or enviorement.

Like we get the 4 seasons in up north, but florida is rain or heat. Dont know about everyone else, but give me snow over a hurricane any day.

Gators and snakes in your backyard, or squirrels and mice, i prefer the cute squirrels!

Keep searching the forums for that ideal location. Look at locations along the rail line in jersey, or even areas along the hudson, both nj and ny.

Well said!

How many of you mocking the OP have actually lived in Miami or South Florida lately?
(I'm not talking about visiting your Aunt Edna 12 times a year..or your friend's mailman's cousin... actually living here. I totally get where the OP's coming from. It's gotten to the point where I've talked to and seen posts where the cost of living isn't that different down here. It's just a matter of where your dollars are going. Since 1990 the population in South Florida's increased 150%.. we've got all the people/traffic without the amenities....Give the OP a break)

Old 12-01-2016, 08:22 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times
Quote:
In fact I can't afford big-end shopping. My family buys a lot of things on-line at discounted prices. But I am really not a big fan of Walmart and found this chain store extremely unpleasant.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:03 PM

27 posts, read 25,104 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,
I would like to live where we have an easy commute to Manhattan. We have cars but also public transportation would be nice to get around. Also looking for an affordable rent to start off but would like to find apts that have garages to protect our cars from the harsh snow in the winter time. Close to shopping
This is a troll/joke post, right?

You're not going to find an affordable apartment with two garage spots friendly to large dogs close to nice shopping and near Manhattan.

I mean... affordable is relative, I suppose.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:55 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Well said!

How many of you mocking the OP have actually lived in Miami or South Florida lately?
(I'm not talking about visiting your Aunt Edna 12 times a year..or your friend's mailman's cousin... actually living here. I totally get where the OP's coming from. It's gotten to the point where I've talked to and seen posts where the cost of living isn't that different down here. It's just a matter of where your dollars are going. Since 1990 the population in South Florida's increased 150%.. we've got all the people/traffic without the amenities....Give the OP a break)
I was in Sanibel this summer (SW FL, I'm sure you know but some NJ residents may not) and omg it was HOT. Well, humid. Rained almost every day, even for a short time, but bringing all your crap off the beach when the sky opens up out of nowhere and you and all your stuff wind up soaked isn't ideal and basically sucks. Overall though I enjoyed the warm Gulf, the tropical like atmosphere and architecture, and all the beautiful shells you can collect.

I like Florida. I don't know it well but based on my visits I like it. But I'm honestly not sure how much I'd like living there. Specifically I don't know if I could handle the summers. I can see where OP is coming from honestly with the desire to leave.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:12 PM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times
I dont blame you for trying to get out of Miami. I really dont like the type of people down there either, however NJ probably isnt going to be the best move either. December thru April here is just plain miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey