Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:12 PM

11 posts, read 10,655 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

So yes me and hubby want to leave Miami and live in NJ. I was born there in 1972, parents then moved down to Miami. We are in our early 40's, dont have or plan to have kids, we have a pet medium mastiff/American bulldog. We are just so over Miami. From our jobs to high rents and home prices to the congested traffic. We will be buying within 2 yrs. Hubby lived in Flemington and Trenton in the 5 yrs he lived in NJ. I would like to live where we have an easy commute to Manhattan. We have cars but also public transportation would be nice to get around. Also looking for an affordable rent to start off but would like to find apts that have garages to protect our cars from the harsh snow in the winter time. Close to shopping like Walmart would be awsome! So if anyone can give me ideas, that would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 08:05 PM

351 posts, read 480,228 times
LOL, this can't be real? 1st post from someone who joined in 2009? Want to live in NJ with no traffic , low rent and easy commute to Manhattan. hahaha

Old 10-25-2016, 11:24 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
You have a big, scary looking dog and you want cheap rent. Good luck with that. My son bestowed his cat upon me, and though she is small, even for a cat, not every place accepts pets. You're not going to get a reasonably (expensive) priced place with a garage. Visit, and then go home.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM

860 posts, read 967,794 times
if you are trying to get away from traffic and high rents, New Jersey is not the place for you, that's what we are known for, especially the closer you get to Manhattan.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:41 AM

2,664 posts, read 2,079,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
LOL, this can't be real? 1st post from someone who joined in 2009? Want to live in NJ with no traffic , low rent and easy commute to Manhattan. hahaha
And "Close to shopping like Walmart". I can't believe that shopping in Miami means Walmart...

Old 10-26-2016, 08:17 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,227,625 times
I would estimate paying in the high 2000s for a one bedroom in a nice building including parking for 2 cars and pet in towns like englewood, Hackensack or fort lee. The pet requirement is going to make it tough and adds $ Plus the extra space adds $.
These would be good towns to live w/o children because they have a lot of rentals and don't really attract families plus they are in easy distance to NYC and close to lots of shopping in Paramus area.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:55 PM

1,944 posts, read 3,306,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
Hilarious! Moving to NJ for the lower cost of living and better weather.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:21 PM

2,664 posts, read 2,079,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I would estimate paying in the high 2000s for a one bedroom in a nice building including parking for 2 cars and pet in towns like englewood, Hackensack or fort lee. The pet requirement is going to make it tough and adds $ Plus the extra space adds $.
These would be good towns to live w/o children because they have a lot of rentals and don't really attract families plus they are in easy distance to NYC and close to lots of shopping in Paramus area.

I am not sure but covered parking for two cars would be either very expensive or almost impossible to find. As far as I know, most apartment or condo buildings offer one garage spot...

Old 10-27-2016, 08:07 AM

16,960 posts, read 12,534,154 times
North Jersey is literally trading commute time from Manhattan for dollars. Further out is "cheaper". Might get "easier" but further out on the NJ rail lines that go directly into the Path train stations.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:18 AM

1,944 posts, read 3,306,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I am not sure but covered parking for two cars would be either very expensive or almost impossible to find. As far as I know, most apartment or condo buildings offer one garage spot...
I was lucky. I bought two spaces in my bldg. in Jersey City. The developer gave them to me because I bought during the housing crisis. No one was buying then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey