Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 03:46 PM

24 posts, read 45,931 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the reply. Which areas of Union city you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 03:54 PM

19,056 posts, read 25,186,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc8091 View Post
Which areas of Union city you recommend?

Are you reasonably fluent in Spanish?
If not, you will have a very difficult time communicating with your neighbors and many business owners in Union City.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:03 PM

Im hispanic. Which area of Union City you guys recommend?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:55 PM

860 posts, read 965,556 times
"Hoboken heights" is probably the most desirable part of union city, but overall there is no "bad" section of union city,
but one thing they will have in common is the lack of parking, extremely tight parking situation.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:06 AM

9,301 posts, read 16,605,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
There are 2BR options available there for 1500?
Probably more expensive than $1500

Old 11-17-2016, 11:45 AM

We are going to view an apartment today in Jersey City area Clendenny Ave on the west side near lincoln park. Is this a good area?

Old 11-17-2016, 12:21 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,567,270 times
Quote:
Im hispanic. Which area of Union City you guys recommend?

Union City is pretty small, so you're pretty much ok anywhere in terms of safety and access to public transportation. I'm not really crazy about downtown Union City (below 10th st) but that's just my opinion. Places east of Bergenline Ave will have better access to where buses to NYC run most frequently.

Park Ave between 33rd and 45th streets is pretty nice. They have new buildings, an ACME supermarket, and a couple of decent options for food (Cuban, Indian, Turkish). It would probably be my number one recommended area just based on how easy it is to catch a bus there and all the businesses in the area. If you want a section that's a bit more quiet, look between 10th st and 30th st. along Palisade Ave. and the side streets east of Palisade Ave.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've been living in Union City for about 3 years now, and before that in nearby North Bergen for 20 years so I know the area very well. Please do not even think about moving to Irvington. Based on your budget and work location I really think one of the towns in Northern Hudson county is really your best option. Where are you moving from?

Old 11-17-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Union City is pretty small, so you're pretty much ok anywhere in terms of safety and access to public transportation. I'm not really crazy about downtown Union City (below 10th st) but that's just my opinion. Places east of Bergenline Ave will have better access to where buses to NYC run most frequently.

Park Ave between 33rd and 45th streets is pretty nice. They have new buildings, an ACME supermarket, and a couple of decent options for food (Cuban, Indian, Turkish). It would probably be my number one recommended area just based on how easy it is to catch a bus there and all the businesses in the area. If you want a section that's a bit more quiet, look between 10th st and 30th st. along Palisade Ave. and the side streets east of Palisade Ave.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've been living in Union City for about 3 years now, and before that in nearby North Bergen for 20 years so I know the area very well. Please do not even think about moving to Irvington. Based on your budget and work location I really think one of the towns in Northern Hudson county is really your best option. Where are you moving from?
Hi, thank you for the detailed information. We are moving from Bronx, NY and I work in Downtown Manhattan. Do you know of any realty or property management company website? Being searching without any luck. My partner went today to see an apartment in Jersey City (Clendenny Ave) but the apt was very small.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:12 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,567,270 times
There's a realty company by me called West Hoboken Realty. I would imagine they have some rentals. Try giving them a call (201) 863-0088. Also check Craigslist. I found this 2 BR in Union City for $1450 on rent.com. It's a small apartment, but it's renovated and in a great location:

3401 Park Avenue - Park Avenue | Union City, NJ Houses for Rent | Rent.com®

Old 11-17-2016, 08:53 PM

860 posts, read 965,556 times
Quote:
We are going to view an apartment today in Jersey City area Clendenny Ave on the west side near lincoln park. Is this a good area?
not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey