Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:48 PM

52 posts, read 205,567 times

Advertisements

I forgot to ask what your taxes were...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykatsmom View Post
The taxes for last year were-$2300. Yes, you read that right. Two thousand, three hundred dollars. I know we are in for a rude awakening up there! The fees, are I think around $550/year (hubby pays the bills ). That includes the pools (we have three), parks, and tennis/basketball courts and lake access. The golf is extra, (you don't have to live here to be a member) but we are linked in with Cannongate, which would give you access to like 10 (?) other courses in the ATL area.
I already looked at the schools (I have two little ones)! My only concern is hubby's commute. I know he would love to have property like that! But like I said now he can leave the office and be home in 25-30 minutes. We are VERY spoiled. I think it'll be too much for him (and me!) for him to spend 3+hours on the road everyday...not to mention the cost of gas now! You said it was about an hour to Newark from where you are, right?
It takes me 45 mins to get to Newark Airport from here. Traffic is brutal everywhere in NJ - you just have to learn the patterns and leave early enough. It take my neighbor an hour and that includes dropping his wife off in Rockaway at her job first..so not bad. I'll check out the bus and train times as well. Might be easier for him so he won't have to deal with the crazy NJians on the highway..lol : )) And tell Hubby, I would even throw in my convertible..lol - it's a John Deere L130...guys love that kind of stuff. And if you love nature, we have tons of wildlife out here..more deer per square mile than any other twp in NJ! We also have a 52 acre horse farm across the street... it's a great place to raise children - the kids still wave to you when you drive past them - some places in NJ the kids flip you the bird! Very polite kids as well. The neighbors are also great. Always willing to lend a helping hand whenever I'm working in the yard..we have a few retirees on our street - born and raised here and their kids also still live in the neighborhood with their families. The old Italian couple across the street - they bring us over fresh tomatoes from their garden each year..they are so cute! Their son plows my driveway whenever it snows..no charge and I don't ask him, he just takes care of it for me. Good hometown feel, very community orientated. Our mission is to take care of our seniors and farmers - keep the area green and cheap for the old founders. Ok, I'm rambling on in here..lol - sorry - I just love it. I'll check out the bus/train situation and get back to you.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykatsmom View Post
I forgot to ask what your taxes were...
sorry..missed this one - was too busy rambling on in my other post ; )) Our taxes are 9800/yr - huge difference from GA : )) That's actually on the cheaper end for NJ. Same house..different county - you would be looking at at least 12K yr.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:23 PM

53 posts, read 224,792 times
I have a friend who lives in Lawrenceville, NJ, (I believe that is Mercer County) which is nearby Princeton. Her drive to Jersey City is 45 min door to door. If traffic, 1 hr. It seems to be a convenient place to live. It's half way to Philly and NY. Unfortunately, I don't have detail info on taxes, school systems, but at $600K, you can afford a nice place in the area of Lawrenceville and Hamilton and vicinity. There's also a NJ Transit train station nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey