Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:27 PM

22 posts, read 34,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp2157 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am looking with a friend for a 2 bedroom under $1500. After not finding anything downtown Newark, I am trying to figure out if this is possible in Jersey City.

Any recommendations? Also, I have previously found on this forum google safety maps that were very useful. I think it was for Essex county. Is there a similar one for Jersey City? I have no idea which areas to avoid and which ones are okay if you use common sense.
We're renting a two bedroom in North Brunswick for $1,600 a month. The apartment is spacious, but we don't really like the area. It's too built up, and it's near highways and strip smalls, which can be a plus for some people, however. There're definitely 2 bedrooms around this area that can be had for $1,500, but you really have to look out for the neighborhood and safety. If you're not familiar with the area, I'd say stay away New Brunswick, Piscataway, the Plainfields, and you'll be okay for the most part. Then again, the rent might go up in the nicer areas, so there's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 05:29 AM

115 posts, read 146,226 times
You may want to consider private rentals (in duplexes/brownstones/homes) as opposed to apartment complexes/communities. You will not be able to find a 2bd in an apartment complex in downtown Newark (or, neighboring Harrison for that matter). A 1-bedroom in Harrison--a short walk to downtown Newark (in a complex) starts at about $2-2,100. The cheapest one bedroom I've seen downtown is about 1700 (and, I see that price only increasing in the coming year).

However, if you consider a private rental in a duplex in Kearny, Harrison, or even Ironbound, you may be able find something.

I've posted crime stats in a previous post about Kearny, Harrison, and JC: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ey-city-2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey