Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 06:34 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, I have not ever been to a Costco, but now I think there just might be something to see...

I also get my blueberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, and pomegranate juice from Costco--at substantial savings--and then there is their gasoline, which is currently 20 cents per gallon cheaper than any of their nearby competition!

Last edited by Retriever; 01-12-2017 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, and my hair might be a shade or two lighter now than you recall.
That is actually a very wise decision, IMHO. As people age, a dark hair color just begins to look less and less genuine, due to changes in their skin tone and skin texture.

However, I don't think that this problem is as noticeable with women, as it is with men. A guy who was one of my college classmates (hint: same age as me...) has a face like a dried-up prune as a result of a lifetime of overexposure to sun, and his very thin hair is dyed a color that I think is called Coal Mine at Midnight...or something like that. To say that he looks ridiculous is an understatement.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:49 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I also get my blueberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, Greek yogurt, and pomegranate juice from Costco--at substantial savings--and then there is their gasoline, which is currently 20 cents per gallon cheaper than any of their nearby competition!
I just looked. There is one about five miles away, but it's down in Ocean Township, which is the opposite direction of where I usually travel. I'll have to start exploring a little more south of me.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
That is actually a very wise decision, IMHO. As people age, a dark hair color just begins to look less and less genuine, due to changes in their skin tone and skin texture.

However, I don't think that this problem is as noticeable with women, as it is with men. A guy who was one of my college classmates (hint: same age as me...) has a face like a dried-up prune as a result of a lifetime of overexposure to sun, and his very thin hair is dyed a color that I think is called Coal Mine at Midnight...or something like that. To say that he looks ridiculous is an understatement.
That is true. I had gone a shade lighter, then this young woman doing my hair (who has done much previous experimentation on her mother, my friend) suggested doing some highlights to make it less noticeable when the colorless stuff comes in, and it actually does have that effect.

I have a friend in her late 60s who dyes her hair what I guess was once her natural dark brown, and then after a month or so she has glaringly white roots on top of her head. I think the dark hair also accentuates the lines that comes with age.

I saw a scary-looking woman at my Acme supermarket last week. Dyed hair of the Coal Mine at Midnight variety, bright red lipstick, heavy blue eye shadow with black liner and red cheeks, and she was very heavily wrinkled and had to be well into her 70s. It looked like Halloween.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I saw a scary-looking woman at my Acme supermarket last week. Dyed hair of the Coal Mine at Midnight variety, bright red lipstick, heavy blue eye shadow with black liner and red cheeks, and she was very heavily wrinkled and had to be well into her 70s. It looked like Halloween.

Vampira lives!

Old 01-12-2017, 07:14 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
That is true. I had gone a shade lighter, then this young woman doing my hair (who has done much previous experimentation on her mother, my friend) suggested doing some highlights to make it less noticeable when the colorless stuff comes in, and it actually does have that effect.

I have a friend in her late 60s who dyes her hair what I guess was once her natural dark brown, and then after a month or so she has glaringly white roots on top of her head. I think the dark hair also accentuates the lines that comes with age.

When I started to get those colorless ones, I used a one step (think Lady Clairol) a couple of shades lighter than my deep blonde hair. It really perked it up a bit, as well as eliminate the too light hairs. One time I used dark blonde and it made my hair look brown. The person in the mirror looked a bit odd to me because I'd never had brown hair before.

What had the scary lady done to her eyebrows?

Old 01-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
When I started to get those colorless ones, I used a one step (think Lady Clairol) a couple of shades lighter than my deep blonde hair. It really perked it up a bit, as well as eliminate the too light hairs. One time I used dark blonde and it made my hair look brown. The person in the mirror looked a bit odd to me because I'd never had brown hair before.

What had the scary lady done to her eyebrows?
I don't know! I didn't check them closely. Darn.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Interesting that CVS is on the list. They just built a brand new store near me last year. There are now 4 CVS stores within 2 miles of my home.
Yeah, the old one on Eagle Rock and the new one at Eagle Rock and Prospect seem redundant; I had expected them to close the old one a while ago.

There's also a spot in Morristown (I think Spring Street) with two CVSs on adjacent properties.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Yeah, the old one on Eagle Rock and the new one at Eagle Rock and Prospect seem redundant; I had expected them to close the old one a while ago.
There's also a spot in Morristown (I think Spring Street) with two CVSs on adjacent properties.
CVS is noted for almost always making very good business decisions, so if they maintain stores that are close to each other, they must be making a decent profit from all of those locations. As one example of just how savvy the CVS people are, that company is now going to market their own generic version of Mylan's EpiPen, for 1/6 the price that Mylan charges.

Kudos to CVS for coming to the relief of families that are currently paying extortionate prices to Mylan!

Old 01-13-2017, 10:15 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
I don't know! I didn't check them closely. Darn.
If you didn't notice, they couldn't have been too outrageous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey