Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:27 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
I have only had one man in my life and he we the father of my son... I'm not interested in finding a life partner right now. Especially after my only boyfriend beat the crap out of me then moved to Florida after and lied about it....

I agree with you on mostly everything, though. And I do work two jobs. I work full time as animal control and work part time still at Wegmans... And I still can't afford Nj. Lol I'm looking to move its just time, money, and the right place.
Ah. I found the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 PM

175 posts, read 180,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think you're the one with the rage.
I have no idea what the heckles gave you that idea, but suuuure.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
I have no idea what the heckles gave you that idea, but suuuure.
I have seen exactly 0 responses to you that included "rage."

Old 01-11-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
My advice to you is to not let some of these replies get to you. I know, it's not easy but this is how it is sometimes on an anonymous board. Most folks on this board love NJ and are on here to help others. You have every right to vent but just remember that these types of threads will almost always elicit defensive responses.

I get it, NJ is expensive and it isn't for everyone. We (my wife and 2 year old son) left for Florida in 8/2015 so we can enjoy more of an outdoor lifestyle with a lower cost of living. I personally love NJ and left friends, family and great food. It took some time for me to adjust but after 15 months being here in Ponte Vedra Beach, we absolutely love it. We actually just got back from a walk on the beach, 70 degrees. Heck I was bit***** last week because it got down to 50 and had to wear jeans and a jacket...

Anyways, I wish you well and hope you eventually find a place you enjoy.
Thanks. And its a shame that people can be so defensive over someone elses opinion when its not the same as theirs. But regardless, youre right. And I appreciate your response. Its nice to see someone can be nice.

Thats so nice, also. It's nice to see you were able to find a place to settle and enjoy life, even if it meant leaving people you cared about. And feeling freezing in 50 degree weather lol just kidding... But seriously, im glad it all worked out for you.. and thank you for the positive vibes on finding a good place. ^-^

Old 01-11-2017, 07:37 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
I hope that you received the attention that you so dearly needed today.

Cheers!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I hope that you received the attention that you so dearly needed today.

Cheers!
I don't need attention but it's clear that you do since you hate this thread/want to criticize my opinions so much! If you didn't need the attention you wouldn't continue to post on the thread.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:35 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I was never really crazy about the shape of the state of NJ. They should have put more thought into that.
I've never cared for that straight border with New York.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've never cared for that straight border with New York.
We should have stuck with the old East and West Jersey boundaries with NY. Still a straight line, but steeper, we got slightly more mountains, and a cooler northern twist along the Delaware.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:16 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,101,871 times
It seems like there's been a mass exodus of New Jersey residents to other states over the past few decades. Florida is nothing new, but even in Central Ohio I see several NJ plates on a regular basis.

New Jersey has so much going for it but I have very little desire to ever return to my home state, besides Island Beach State Park for nostalgia purposes and the fact that it legitimately is a pristine beach

I really wish the sprawl in Somerset County/Central NJ would stop. Developers continue to destroy the beautiful landscape and continue to build unnecessary strip malls and ugly new housing developments yet there is no upgrade to the infrastructure to accommodate a growing population.

I'm glad to see cities like Jersey City and parts of Newark on the rise.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:41 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I really wish the sprawl in Somerset County/Central NJ would stop. Developers continue to destroy the beautiful landscape and continue to build unnecessary strip malls and ugly new housing developments yet there is no upgrade to the infrastructure to accommodate a growing population.
Some development is sadly unavoidable, but municipal governments can set aside substantial portions of land through their farmland preservation programs and other programs that prevent development from taking place.

For instance, in Franklin Township (Somerset County), ~20% of the land is still farmed, and has a preserved status. When you add the preserved farmland to the many historic sites, the preserved grassland areas, the preserved forests, the two state parks, the municipal parks, and the county park, approximately 75% of Franklin Township is undeveloped and will remain undeveloped.

Last edited by Retriever; 01-12-2017 at 07:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey