Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 AM

986 posts, read 2,802,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Georgia.......all from your 1st post is true...but it's worse. The new "sales" tax increase is much more than a simple 1% increase. The tax now also applies to many things never considered for taxation before. For exmple...services are now considered a taxable item.Much is includedd within this definition but eamples such as getting a hair cut, having your lawn mowed, paying a delivery charge for a new "thing" are now taxable. I saw no mention or discusion of any of this before the new "tax" passed but small bussiness folks that I know were taken aback at the new burdens (accounting etc) they now have to deal with.

Or how about the discussions re. turning high volume traveled roads into "toll roads" !! Yeah thats right..roads that have been there long before we both were born are now to be considered another source of revenue for the state.

As for the comment about letting the governor know about this blo site. You MUST be kidding right ?? Do you really think this Corzine guy gives a rats behind about common folk ?? After he left Goldman Sachs with a 320 + million dollar golden parachute and then when the Enron deal surfaced and all the little people who had there retirement plans tied up in the company stock..after all that he claims he knew nothing about any of that. Yeah right.

Do a little google research on Corzine/Goldman Sachs/Enron etc and then tell me you don't think he's out for no one but himself.

Jersey voters have a memory measured in minutes...that's why Georgia, I'm down in Georgia with you right now and for the next two weeks or so looking for my new home. I can't take the taxes and the morons who defend these crooks longer.
AMEN!!! moving to Tucson in 7 months...counting the days!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 06:59 PM

15 posts, read 64,533 times
I hear ya! Moving to east Canton, GA in 3 weeks!!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:27 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,699,110 times
Working on moving to NC early next year! Ciao, New Jersey! It really is too bad about the tax situation in NJ, because it really is a great state with lots to offer.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:48 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,373,231 times
Well, maybe we could all move back when we retire, it is obvious that everyone seems to be moving out on a daily basis, maybe it will be like Wyoming in another 10 years and we can start all over again

Old 12-05-2006, 07:41 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,691,534 times
Georgia:
"Well, maybe we could all move back when we retire, it is obvious that everyone seems to be moving out on a daily basis, maybe it will be like Wyoming in another 10 years and we can start all over again"

I long ago concluded that for me Wyoming was my number one choice. Low population density, taxes etc etc. The open spaces and mountains are breath taking. If the winters weren't so long and harsh and if the plains were just a bit more sailboat friendly I'd have relocated there years ago.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,294,913 times
Default Taxes

I have to agree...Jersey has gotten so out of control with the taxes its insane...Ive been in jersey 7.5 yrs but moved to ocean county 2.5 yrs ago and well my property taxes went up from 8200 to 10k and we are being reassessed in 07 and are told our new new taxes will show later part of 07 for the tax year of 08 well they are estimating another 1800 dollar increase for us on top of the 10k we are now paying, so with that we are making the decison and started to look in North Carolina, where I have meet OMG tons of people from NY and NJ and with me being a realtor in Monmouth/Ocean counties alot of my clients are moving there as well....its sad because we love it here just cant afford to stay any longer.....

Old 12-06-2006, 03:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,294,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Working on moving to NC early next year! Ciao, New Jersey! It really is too bad about the tax situation in NJ, because it really is a great state with lots to offer.
Im with you stmartten on going to NC..just cant do this anymore

Old 12-07-2006, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,210 times
I live in New Jersey, I've lived in several states, Georgia, amoung them. I liked Georgia, lived in Brunswick, lots of nice people. Lived there for three years. Was born in North Jersey, moved when the muggers got to within a block of where I lived. Then moved to Waretown to a converted Summer house in area labeled by one mayor as "Shanty Town". It was just a lot of cheap Summer houses built in the 60's. But the neighborhood has changed, unless you find one of the old Summer houses to upgrade, houses start around 225k and if your buying an old rundown Summer house on a lagoon, expect prices to start in the 300 up area. houses in the new Briarwood senior developement are spelled with $$$$ and high taxes. In the "poorer" sections of town, property values have more than doubled this past year but taxes have held to 4 to 6 percent increases, until the house changes hands. The town, at one time was a no changes are good and extra money in the kitty is good town. Now the current govrnment wants to upgrade the town and make it a model for New Jersey, spelled $$$$ Ya got to have them to live here.... Schools are not too bad, our teachers are amoung the highest paid in the state -- spelled more property taxes.
Talk to some of the locals before you move here, and bring money - lots of it - the cost of lving here in New Jersey is growing by the hour, and then there is the question of dopers, I only have 4 or five within a block of where I live -THAT I KNOW OF. Think carefully before you move to New Jersey and make sure you have a job gaurenteed and that pays is good, as the New Jersey government wants your tax dollars.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey