Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

The writer of the hit TV show, "This is Us" is from New Jersey
did you know that, and if so, isn't that awesome?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 10:51 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The writer of the hit TV show, "This is Us" is from New Jersey
did you know that, and if so, isn't that awesome?

NJ is awesome because you have NYC, Philly, DC, The Mountains and Beaches all well within driving distance with lots of small towns and pleasant main streets. Now I'm talking about South Jersey.. North Jersey is like a totally different country compared to South Jersey and is just horrible with zero redeeming qualities as far as I'm concerned.

Even with all the great stuff I mentioned about South Jersey I'd still have left years ago if it wasn't for family..

Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,377,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
NJ is awesome because you have NYC, Philly, DC, The Mountains and Beaches all well within driving distance with lots of small towns and pleasant main streets. Now I'm talking about South Jersey.. North Jersey is like a totally different country compared to South Jersey and is just horrible with zero redeeming qualities as far as I'm concerned.

Even with all the great stuff I mentioned about South Jersey I'd still have left years ago if it wasn't for family..
SJ is just like NC except for colder weather and the same NJ high taxes but the people are the same. SJ has rednecks just like NC has rednecks.
You gotta pick your neighborhood.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:36 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:

South Jersey has NYC? Interesting.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:

it's the same for PA, and northern PA is simply stunning....but I love the Jersey Shore!

Old 01-26-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
South Jersey has NYC? Interesting.
He meant it's close by....

Old 01-26-2017, 11:58 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
Quote:

lol

Old 01-26-2017, 12:29 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
He meant it's close by....
Yeah... and I meant it's not close by.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
SJ is just like NC except for colder weather and the same NJ high taxes but the people are the same. SJ has rednecks just like NC has rednecks.
You gotta pick your neighborhood.
I agree. Take a ride down route 206 sometime between Columbus and Hammonton. You would think you were driving through Alabama or Indiana.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:55 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,952,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Yeah... and I meant it's not close by.

Funny.. I also mentioned the mountains which is further than NYC, I mentioned DC which is further than NYC, and if your favorite beach is Cape May even that can be further than NYC. You can get to NYC from South Jersey in 1.5 hours. I live in South Jersey, I drive over the GWB once a week. It takes me about 1hr 20 mins to walk through my door after I go over the bridge. So yea.. I consider that well within driving distance.. aka "close by"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey