Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 07:38 PM

53 posts, read 37,169 times

Advertisements

Exercising is good for your health and appearance, i know most of you go to the gym at least once per week to enjoy a good exercise session.
i have been researching for a while, and there is not " best gym", but there's a gym that is more customized for your preferences and needs.
As you know, choosing a gym depends on your budget, the kind of gym member you are ( meaning how long you stay, or using the amenities. ) etc.
La fitness works well for me, i think the gym gives the most for your money, with several locations, good machines and fair spa area. LA is an intermediate health club, not in the cheapest group ( only have machines not sauna, steam room , whirlpool ) and also the exclusive ones ( Lifetime fitness etc ). i would say L.A. fitness is at the same level than 24 hours fitness if not better.
Probably you pay a low monthly payment, but overall some of the more expensive gym are more cost efficient with all the amenities they offer.
what is your favorite health club in North Jersey and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,965,725 times
The best for anyone is the one that they actually use.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,951,408 times
I just go to a gym to use the equipment. I never shower there, never buy any type of food or smoothies or anything else some offer, never even take classes. I prefer to work out outside when the weather is nice, so I spend a good chunk of the year not at the gym. I prefer somewhere cheap but clean, with good machines (not always broken, nice quality). I find this at Crunch. Like $10 a month, it's 20 if you want classes. It's honestly not the best gym but it suits my needs, personally.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:59 AM

800 posts, read 1,293,939 times
i use the gym at my job which is about 5 bucks a month. my office has close to 5000 people so the gym is substantial and better than a lot of chains i've seen.

my favorite gym outside of that i've been a member of was "the cliffs" in vahalla, or gravity vault in saddle river, both climbing gyms.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:26 AM

175 posts, read 222,132 times
If you're looking for a solid "basic" gym (just weights and cardio machines), Retro Fitness is a nice, affordable option. I have been to several of their locations and they have all been clean, well-kept, and have a friendly vibe.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 AM

88,362 posts, read 84,409,959 times
You go on ahead. I'll catch up later.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,607,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
look at you mr smarty pants actually being right.

if the gym isnt convenient for you slovenly fatbodies, then the odds are you wont go on a consistent basis. though i think the OP is probably not accurate assuming that most people here go at least once a week.

i have a gym less than a block from work that i go to 4-5 times a week during my "lunch break." its not the nicest gym but it is the most convenient.

i also get $200 every 6 months to pay for my gym membership, kaching!

Old 03-02-2017, 08:59 AM

32,861 posts, read 36,200,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You go on ahead. I'll catch up later.
We could walk to the coffee place.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
well said!

Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I just go to a gym to use the equipment. I never shower there, never buy any type of food or smoothies or anything else some offer, never even take classes. I prefer to work out outside when the weather is nice, so I spend a good chunk of the year not at the gym. I prefer somewhere cheap but clean, with good machines (not always broken, nice quality). I find this at Crunch. Like $10 a month, it's 20 if you want classes. It's honestly not the best gym but it suits my needs, personally.
yeah, this kind of gym is better for you, since you just like to use the equipment. Exercising outside is nice specially in the mornings, but during the work week is a little bit challenging. On other hand, i enjoy classes and spa area a lot, specially after a long commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey