Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 03:27 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,108 times

Advertisements

Hi
I was searching for info on Wanaque/Haskell and noticed the threads are relatively out dated.
Any new info on the town, schools, what are the people like, is there a major drug problem we need to worry about? Is the town considered a negative place to live?

any honest info would be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 12:19 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,297 times
I don't believe it's a bad town, no worse than others in the area as far as drugs. I would say the really worst thing about Wanaque/Haskell it there is only one road in or out of town. Ringwood Ave. You can get out the northern end via Skyline Drive but if that's closed with inclement weather forget it. Then all the traffic to Ringwood ends up going up Ringwood Ave. The high school is in Wanaque shared with Ringwood. I lived there 30yrs ago, as I said it wasn't bad, other than the 1 way in or out. I lived on the northern end by the high school and would often go out over Skyline Dr.
I think price and tax wise it's comparable to Bloomingdale or Pompton Lakes, both towns with a less of an access problem.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:57 AM

728 posts, read 1,964,782 times
I'm somewhat familiar with that area. Haskell while safe looks like time past it by. Wanaque by the Ringwood border is nice and Ringwood is very nice.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:09 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,494,990 times
I don't know what geography you are looking at but towns that I consider as better are Wayne, Pequannock, Oakland. Kinnelon, Montville. Just trying to think of towns in that 287 area
Just my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey