Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 04:13 PM

5 posts, read 6,518 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am moving to Trenton, NJ. I will work for the state and will be drawing ~70K salary per annum.
I would like to have recommendations for these following questions.

I am SINGLE and no dependent. Want to stay in the RENTED apartment.

1. What are the inexpensive areas in and near to Trenton, NJ to live?
2. can anyone suggest me names of inexpensive but good apartment complex near to Trenton, NJ?
3. What is the living expenditure in NJ, keeping an average and simple lifestyle?

Anything in detail will be really appreciated.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 PM

200 posts, read 154,586 times
Oh boy, a state employee. Hope you have a great time in diverse Trenton.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:11 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,012,314 times
Look at apartments in nearby Hamilton NJ or Lawrenceville NJ most of them are pretty safe and decent. Living in Trenton is not a good idea.
You can look at sites like this-
Hamilton, NJ Apartments for Rent - realtor.com®

Living in nearby towns will require a car.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM

34 posts, read 42,980 times
I saw some apartments in Ewing NJ. I don't know much about them, but I saw 2 apartment complexes that appear to be well maintained atleast on the outside.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM

41 posts, read 47,017 times
Hamilton, Lawrenceville, and West Windsor are all much better places to look for housing and only within a 15-20 minute drive. You do NOT want to live in Trenton.

You may also find some cheap housing across the bridge in PA in Morrisville, which is even closer to Trenton.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:42 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,724,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitter77 View Post
Hamilton, Lawrenceville, and West Windsor are all much better places to look for housing and only within a 15-20 minute drive. You do NOT want to live in Trenton.

You may also find some cheap housing across the bridge in PA in Morrisville, which is even closer to Trenton.
Morrisville ain't so hot either. I would not recommend living there. Plus state govt jobs require one to live in state. I would add Bordentown City to the list of recommendations.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:16 PM

41 posts, read 47,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Morrisville ain't so hot either. I would not recommend living there. Plus state govt jobs require one to live in state. I would add Bordentown City to the list of recommendations.
Agree Morrisville isn't great, just pointing out options due to proximity. Really no reason to live in Trenton on a budget unless you have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey