Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 01:15 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanJ View Post
LOL what a joke. I wonder how many of the "muh gud skoolz" parents are going to want to raise their kids in this jungle

No one posting here will live in newark except for the state paid shill
A lot of people go to work or school in Newark and spend money at nearby restaurants/businesses. Whole Foods is a popular spot for lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 05:52 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,027,347 times
I was just there today. Very nice, and had quite a positive "vibe" to it. What other NJ grocery stores can you say that about? Didn't realize there was a parking garage; I took the only space left on the side street next to it.

I don't go downtown Newark often at all, but it's surprising how much it's improved even in the last year.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:48 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacunha View Post
I've lived in the Ironbound my entire life.
That's like saying that you grew up in the Brooklyn Heights compared to the rest of the surrounding bad areas.

Try walking down by the Southern areas. Thousands of people take the trains passing through everyday and see the landfills and crumbling buildings on the side around Newark.

I live in Union and I got a Whole Foods right here for the last 10 years so what? I have 2 other Whole Foods within driving distance and that makes my area better than yours?

Old 03-06-2017, 12:14 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
When was the last time you drove through downtown Newark or the Ironbound section?

You are just a clown hater. The city is making huge strides, I am a white male, have lived in Newark my entire life and have income in line with residents of Westfield. Middle class people do live in Newark.

NYC has 400-500 murders. Chicago had how many?

I'll gladly trade all those tax dollars if your towns wants all the affordable housing that's here.
You have income on par with Westfield, and you have lived in Newark your whole life as a white male ? ? ?

Old 03-06-2017, 07:20 AM

625 posts, read 797,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
You have income on par with Westfield, and you have lived in Newark your whole life as a white male ? ? ?

Don't worry my friend, I know what I am doing.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's like saying that you grew up in the Brooklyn Heights compared to the rest of the surrounding bad areas.

Try walking down by the Southern areas. Thousands of people take the trains passing through everyday and see the landfills and crumbling buildings on the side around Newark.

I live in Union and I got a Whole Foods right here for the last 10 years so what? I have 2 other Whole Foods within driving distance and that makes my area better than yours?

I means that businesses are coming into the Downtown section of Newark. This kind of development has never happened. This is not like the 80s or 90s, this boom is completely different. You have Rugers/NJIT developments and residential towers all going up around the Military Park area (all walking distance to NJPac and the Light Rail).

So what you see junk yards along a train route? I can say the same thing when I take the Path through Harrison, Kearny and Jersey City.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:14 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
If Newark gentrifies, then there is nowhere for the poor to live and be close to NYC now.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If Newark gentrifies, then there is nowhere for the poor to live and be close to NYC now.
Harrison, Kearny, Belleville, Bloomfield, hillside, Irvington, east orange

Old 03-07-2017, 07:50 PM

115 posts, read 146,249 times
Quote:
Harrison, Kearny, Belleville, Bloomfield, hillside, Irvington, east orange
Harrison -- I would say no. Rents in Harrison are higher than Newark (particularly in the new developments) and Harrison is developing just as fast (if not faster). A 1-bedroom in Harrison will run you between $2100-2300/month. North Kearny is also undergoing a great deal of development.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsheb View Post
Harrison -- I would say no. Rents in Harrison are higher than Newark (particularly in the new developments) and Harrison is developing just as fast (if not faster). A 1-bedroom in Harrison will run you between $2100-2300/month. North Kearny is also undergoing a great deal of development.
There are plenty of apts in Harrison running at $1000-$1200 for 1 bedroom and $1200-$1600 for 2 bedrooms. You are only using the new constructions another the train as your example.

I just rented a 2 bedroom on 7th Street in Harrison for $1550 and there wasn't as much demand as you would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey