Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,482 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into living in Morristown for an internship during June and July. I'm early 20s and would like to be around people my age with fun things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 03:36 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times
i guess. If you're coming all the way from atlanta; hoboken, jersey city, bloomfield ave in montclair with some weekends in nyc and philly would be better

Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 AM

862 posts, read 974,956 times
Morristown is the place to be, you will love it, there is lots of nightlife, a theatre, many restaurants mostly located on South street.
If you look for a place, try to find something close to the center of town, near "the green" its a park by Starbucks's, the closer to there the better, some parts of Morristown are high end and some are sketchy, so where you stay in Morristown
is important as you do not want to stay in a sketchy part, there is also a homeless shelter in Morristown, they mostly keep to themselves and do not panhandle, but you have to use some common sense when going out at night.

Do not worry there are lots of people in their 20's, and this is the social scene for that part of the state.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:50 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,747,665 times
If you cant be closer to NYC, Hoboken or Jersey City, then Montclair and Morristown would be the next best places to be for a 20-something in NJ. Make sure you are near a train station so you can get into and out of the city easy. Montclair has 7 of them so gives you a bit more options for getting into and out of hoboken/NYC but if your near the train in Morristown thats fine as well.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:12 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,141,153 times
Montclair is not really a great place for people in their 20s. It tends to be an older crowd compared to Jersey City and especially Hoboken.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:41 AM

728 posts, read 1,964,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Montclair is not really a great place for people in their 20s. It tends to be an older crowd compared to Jersey City and especially Hoboken.
Exactly Montclair is more of a dinner scene than party scene.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:30 PM

856 posts, read 704,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenb9 View Post
I'm looking into living in Morristown for an internship during June and July. I'm early 20s and would like to be around people my age with fun things to do.
I am in my early 20s. Yes, Morristown is great. In fact, I'd say it's the best town in New Jersey people in their 20s and 30s.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 PM

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
In my opinion Morristown is the best town in NJ. The "sketchy" part in Morristown is equivalent to the best street in Montclair. I do hope things change and ICE starts deporting the sketchballs though

Old 03-13-2017, 08:25 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Morristown was once very nice. I hope that ICE comes in and makes it great again.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:17 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,490,023 times
Morristown is the best nightlife of Morris County! Notice how it is called "Morris"town. Morristown is a very small town compared to New Jersey towns, which is 3.026 square miles. But there is a decent amount of young adult fun all in that one town if you are the legal age to drink and go to bars. There are tons of bars there, but there are nice small restaurants there with bars and hamburgers and barely any of these restaurants are chains. These are are just regular restaurants, not chains. There is also the AMC theater headquarters where you can watch a movie. I'd suggest to find out if you have to pay for theater parking. My brother drove us there to that theater and we did not have to pay theater parking unless it was more than 4 hours. We just used a ticket the machine printed out and we got parking free. But parking in Morristown is not free on main roads except for side streets. When my parents go to Morristown, they always park on a residential street close to a particular church.

Also, Morristown has "the green", which is a circle of grass with a fountain in the middle and places to sit. A lot of young people hang around that area.

Morristown celebrates holidays, especially New Years and July 4th where people get really drunk (be careful), but the place seems lively for young adults (but scary) on holidays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey