Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 04:25 PM

604 posts, read 2,914,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Porshe - that's a poor man's merc! I have a merc and porche doesn't even come close! AMG - talk about a neck breaker when you hit the gas! And I'm with you, same or even older..once the eye candy phase passes, there's nothing to talk about. By the way, where's the future ex wife from Randolph these days?

From somebody who spends most of the summer at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock park driving on the track instead of watching from the stands I can assure you more high performance drivers are kicking AMG butt than the other way around. While you may impress the folks at the country club with your AMG Mercedes the guys with the F-2 and F-3 Porsches at the track are the ones having the last laugh.

Sorry to hijack you post but high performance driving is something I know a little bit about.

Now back to whatever this thread was about.

E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 07:19 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
From somebody who spends most of the summer at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock park driving on the track instead of watching from the stands I can assure you more high performance drivers are kicking AMG butt than the other way around. While you may impress the folks at the country club with your AMG Mercedes the guys with the F-2 and F-3 Porsches at the track are the ones having the last laugh.

Sorry to hijack you post but high performance driving is something I know a little bit about.

Now back to whatever this thread was about.

E
Trust me..no country clubbing for me - not into that sort of thing... the Merc was actually a 40th BDay present for my better half. I typically buy American cars for myself - we just love coming in here to bust on farhills dad : )) I'm sure the Porshe is a very fast car but to be honest with you, I just don't get buying an expensive high performance vehicle for sitting in traffic on Rt. 80 everyday. Kind of like those Hummer folks...are you really going off road with that??? I currently drive a Buick Enclave.....lol - it's really not your dad's car anymore - they have come out with some very nice vehicles lately.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:29 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
here is the perfect post,

Hello my name is Marilyn and I have a budget of 10 million dollars. I have and noticed that Saddle River is out, too many rap stars would be my neighbors and the taxes are too low to be considered high class. Alpine is out, too low tax and the Isely Brothers would be my neighbors so that is out. I think Westchester next to Hilary would be perfect. We can share our liberal views, go to Armonk and watch the IBM men and try to get knock up for more money and child support and the taxes are perfect!!! So screw NJ I am living in Westchester

Old 03-09-2008, 01:11 PM

416 posts, read 1,713,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolamom View Post
We are from NJ originally and this is my 3rd relo and we are looking in the $2M range. . .
Holy cow! What do you do for a living and how can I get in on it?

Old 03-09-2008, 01:15 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
It's a shame that this post has been so badly side tracked from what it was.. a post looking for help. If I was the OP I might think twice before moving here.

Just because she has a decent budget doesn't mean she should be mocked.

This thread needs to be locked or have the posts that do not offer the OP help split out.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM

416 posts, read 1,713,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It's a shame that this post has been so badly side tracked from what it was.. a post looking for help. If I was the OP I might think twice before moving here.

Just because she has a decent budget doesn't mean she should be mocked.

This thread needs to be locked or have the posts that do not offer the OP help split out.
I'm not sure if you're including my post in that, but I was serious. I'd like help too!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:02 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DessertRat View Post
I'm not sure if you're including my post in that, but I was serious. I'd like help too!
Truthfully, I have no clue who posted what but feel that this post is focusing on things other then trying to help her find a house within her budget. I'd love to see the post split with the help posts staying with her original post, this way if she does decide to come back she will be able to.

I really doubt she'll come back though. If it was me posting I probably wouldn't either.

*Edit - the poster came here looking for help. She does not live in the state & had no clue where to turn so she came here.
I just finished looking for a house and know what she is going through, maybe that's why I'm sympathetic.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:03 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DessertRat View Post
Hey, if s/he's getting in on that action, I wanna know how too! I'm tired of the broke-college kid syndrome. That one got real old, real fast.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:06 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,605 times
Hmm what about Westfield? How about a house on the water in Northern Monmouth County (ie Rumson)? Although the latter may run you more then $2M but that is what I would look to do with the money.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:21 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Truthfully, I have no clue who posted what but feel that this post is focusing on things other then trying to help her find a house within her budget. I'd love to see the post split with the help posts staying with her original post, this way if she does decide to come back she will be able to.

I really doubt she'll come back though. If it was me posting I probably wouldn't either.

*Edit - the poster came here looking for help. She does not live in the state & had no clue where to turn so she came here.
I just finished looking for a house and know what she is going through, maybe that's why I'm sympathetic.
If you read back a few...the OP has decided to put it off for a while. I have been DMing her with alternate areas - I have a feeling she is done with this thread after all the abuse she had to take - I'm sure if she is still shopping..she will not ask our advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey